Sunday, 26 March 2017

Cheesy Linguine With Heck Paprika Sausages*


There are two food groups that every meal should fall into: fattening and delicious. This meal fits both of those criteria. As my doughy thighs will tell you, there is nothing I love more than a bit of comfort food. If it contains cheese and carbs, it is going in my mouth. No questions asked.

The company Heck very kindly sent me a massive package full of their products. In all honesty, I got rather excited and called my flatmates to peer at the giant meat box. My husband's eyes went like saucers when he saw all the different varieties of sausages. And with the realisation that this means I actually will be cooking rather than leaving him to cook for us both.

One thing that I really like about Heck's products is the high meat percentage. I am haunted by those horror stories about what goes into low meat percentage sausages. But these are so flavoursome and you can rest assured that they are full of goodness and deliciousness.

They also have a range of vegetarian meatballs for all you veggies out there!



Recipe:

1. Boil a handful of linguine with a little bit of salt.
2. Melt a knob of butter in a saucepan
3. Mix in plain flour until is turns slightly lumpy
4. Slowly add milk a small amount at a time whilst stirring on a low heat
5. Once it has formed the required consistency, add a teaspoon of nutmeg and a teaspoon of English mustard and season with salt and pepper
6. Add a couple of handfuls of grated cheese and stir. Then put to the side
7. Fry sausages on a low heat in a frying pan
8. Remove sausages and let them cool
9. Once linguine is cooked through and is soft, drain
10. Slice sausages into small chunks
11. Combine everything in a saucepan on a low heat
12. Serve with fresh tomatoes

Have you ever tried Heck products?
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This looks so yummy! I haven't even heard of Heck products before this post xx


    LAURA ­| Laura Thinks About

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig