Wednesday, 15 March 2017

Brunch at Waterloo Tea, Cardiff



A fact that few people actually know is that Newton theorised a fourth law of motion. It goes something like this: two young women will remain at rest unless acted upon with the promises of avocado based brunch.

This is what led my good friend Becky and I to Waterloo Tea in Cardiff on Sunday. The promise of avocado based cuisine hung thick in the air as we hurried through the cold, grey streets to our destination of choice. Well, admittedly, we had opted for Bill's initially but their breakfast menu finished at 1pm (which is 9am in student terms). So, we had a little trek around and found this cute teashop.



I had never actually had smashed avocado on toast before this experience but now I understand the hype. And the endless instagram pictures. It came with feta cheese and chilli oil (hot daym) and was on sourdough bread. My gosh, it was delicious. And oh so photogenic. Becky remarked after watching me take at least 10 pictures from every possible angle that she felt like we were acting like basic instagram white girls. It made me chuckle because I have no shame about taking 50 pictures before eating something. Oh, and choosing to sit outside because of the good lighting (anything for good lighting).


Becky opted for this ciabata with chicken, avocado, and other stuff in it (I admittedly have no idea what else was in there). It came on a fancy chopping board - very hipster - and was apparently very delicious.


Drinkswise, we were wanting juice. Lately, I have been crazy for trying all different juices and smoothies. I just opted for orange as you can't go wrong with orange. Becky had Luscombe Sicilian Lemonade (Devon, representtt) and I tried some - it was scrumptious.
They had lots of fancy teas and even matcha lattes on offer (I felt like 1pm was too early to drink something so unusual as bright green coffee). They also had a range of fancy herbal cakes but they seemed like too much bother at the time. I will definitely return to try those things when I am feeling more experimental though.

We then headed on to watch Hidden Figures at the cinema. I cannot recommend this film enough. I'm so taken by it that I'm even considering doing a separate post about it. Seriously, get to the cinema and watch this. You won't regret it.

Have you ever been to Waterloo Tea? Know any great food places in Cardiff? Love avocado? The last one is a trick question.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Can't beat a bit of avocado! Hoping to visit Cardiff in the Summer so I love posts like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, that chopping bored is very Instagram hipster! Please post about hidden figures, I was complementing going to watch it for some time now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post has made me hungrrrrry! Glad you had a nice time x

    Sick Chick Chic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your blog, its really dope.
    Do you want to follow each other?
    If you want, than follow me, and let me know in comments, so I can follow you back with pleasure.
    We can follow each other on Instagram @andjela.dujovic, let me know in the comments so I can follow you back.

    www.bekleveer.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever I read any travel blog, I fall in love with it suddenly and so does happened this time too. Your post is amazing and the food looks wonderful. Hope you had enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig