Monday, 20 February 2017

Breakfast at Garlands, Cardiff



This morning I was introduced to the gastronomical heaven that is Garlands in Duke Street Arcade by my good friend and housemate Becky. I managed to drag myself from my bed at the crack of dawn (10am) and we settled down in the chairs outside feeling very continental. But then it was cold so we rejected the illusions of continental elegance and headed inside.



The inside was very quaint and cosey. The walls were covered in pictures of famous Welsh people and the till area was adorned with fairy lights (very insta worthy). And warm - bonus!



Becky opted for a tea (that came with milk in a miniature milk pale - cute!) and I went for the Fentiman's mandarin and Seville orange juice. I wasn't expecting the juice to be fizzy, in all honesty, but I guess it was a fun twist on orange juice.
 



 
There we have it - the best pancakes I have ever eaten. I opted for these fluffy American style pancakes with bacon and maple syrup. You could also have it with scrambled eggs but eggs and syrup isn't a combination I am ready to commit to just yet. Becky went for eggs benedict which, she assured me, was delicious. Admittedly, after this I could hardly move and deeply regretted wearing high waisted jeans but I cannot recommend this place enough.
 
If you're ever in Cardiff and in want of a delicious - and reasonably priced breakfast - this is the one.


Be sure to check out Becky's art blog and insta!

10 comments:

  1. It looks a very nice place... I love your food
    P.S Would you like to follow each others blog?
    Have a nice day
    XOXO
    Glamorous without the Guilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great there. Sure, I'll check it out x

      Delete
  2. Wow! I should go for the pancakes next time I'm in cardiff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure looks like a yummy breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious! I'm craving it already haha xx

      Delete
  4. Ahh I'm so hungry right now and that food looks amazing! I love going for breakfast in the mornings but it is a struggle waking up early, but I love going Bills and pancakes with bacon is the one!

    S x | SHELISES WORLD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely go for breakfast for the same reason! I haven't tried Bills before, I'll add it to my list of food places to visit xx

      Delete
  5. The food and the decor look amazing!
    I need to go to Wales one day x

    LAURA ­| Laura Thinks About

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Cardiff is lovely but also the Brecon Beacons and the coast are great too xx

      Delete