Friday, 13 May 2016

I Got Married!

It has really been a long time since I last posted anything here and a lot has changed in that time. I'm now a Mrs! My man proposed to me in February and we got married a couple of weeks ago at the end of April.


It was quite a low-key affair with just close friends and family and I wouldn't have had it any other way. We got married at Cardiff City Hall which was such a gorgeous location then we had a little after party at the local buffet because who doesn't love a good buffet?


As a very clumsy, poor excuse for a woman, I didn't trust myself with wearing heels with a heavy, long dress. So, I chose a knee length pencil dress with long, lace sleeves and the most incredible nude, lace up heels. I did my own nails, hair, and makeup (as is probably clear to see). I just wanted to straighten my hair and I went for fairly natural makeup.


Despite not being able to walk much in those huge heels, I felt really happy and had such an amazing day. It wasn't very fussy with a lot of pomp and ceremony which was exactly what I wanted. I wanted to just focus on the importance of the day and the step my man and I were taking in our relationship with just my friends and family there.



We then set off on our honeymoon for a few days to Dublin and had such a lovely few days. We stayed in Jury's Inn Christchurch with a room overlooking the cathedral. One evening we went to Temple Bar and I had some cider and we listened to the live music they had there. I had heard great things about Temple Bar and it certainly didn't disappoint. My husband ate the seafood chowder and I had the Caesar salad and both were amazing. If you are ever in Dublin, don't pass up on a chance to visit Temple Bar - especially on a night when they have live music there. I am looking forward to being able to return to Dublin very soon this summer.


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Oh my goodness! CONGRATULATIONS!! What an amazing return to blogging that story is :) You look absolutely beautiful and your husband(!) looks so lovely :) Congratulations o you both xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations girlie! <3 You looked beautiful xx
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow congratulations!

    Kariss
    www.shystrangemanic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post hun! I like this so much.

    JENNEROUTFITS.COM a blog dedicated to kendall and kylie jenner’s best outfits.

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig