Tuesday, 15 September 2015

A Trip To The Lake District

I recently travelled up to the Lake District to spend a few days there with my boyfriend. I had heard that the Lake District is a really beautiful and scenic place to visit but, being from the South West, I never managed to venture that far north to verify this for myself. Until now!
After travelling for 10 hours on a National Express coach - that there is true dedication - I had arrived in the Lake District. And, let me tell you, it was worth it. The scenery is amazing. There were, of course, lots of lakes and some really huge hills. Also most of the buildings were made of exposed stone or had timber overlay and were mostly built between 1600s and the 1800s.
 
 




 
 
 My boyfriend and I spent much of the time we had together there going for walks and looking at the scenery. I also went for a walk by myself whilst he was busy on one of the days and got a chance to really take in the beauty of the surroundings.
Whilst we were walking together, we took lots of pictures together as I hadn't brought my big, proper camera with me any of the times I had met up with him so it was a great chance to get some really nice pictures together. Admittedly, most of them were pictures of me that he had taken sporting a slightly clashy outfit (I didn't pack well for the trip - it was much colder than I expected and this was the only long sleeved item I'd brought with me) and a goofy grin.
The top, for anyone wondering, is an old one from Vera Moda, the trousers are from H&M, the jacket is from Primark, the bag is from TK Maxx, and the boots are from Matalan.






This last picture I took from the window of the youth hostel that I stayed at on the final night as I didn't want to leave so early so I altered my travel times and stayed for an extra night.
It was absolutely beautiful watching the sun set over the lake and such a nice view to wake up to in the morning too.

12 comments:

  1. 10 hours?! Wow! Glad to see you had such a beautiful trip after such a long journey :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photographs. The Lake District is such a beautiful place - I've never been but ever since studying poets inspired by the area, like William Wordsworth, I've really wanted to see the scenery for myself. It looks like a perfect spot for a romantic break! I hope you and your boyfriend both enjoyed it.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh your photos are GORGEOUS! I really want to visit The Lake District, I'll have to one day!!
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went there last month for a week to visit my boyfriends family, I couldn't belive how gorgeous it is!

    www.shystrangemanic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like such a fun and beautiful trip! xx
    p.s. You and your boyfriend make such an adorable couple, did you know that? :)
    ~ Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lake District really is beautiful! I'd love to go again in the future. Your photos are lovely!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Lake District, me and Paul went together the weekend after we met and I loved it. Since then we have visited a few times as it is only a short train ride away. Glad it was worth your huge journey.
    Stunning photography!
    xxx
    Lyndsey
    http://www.labeau.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are a beautiful couple. And that place looks stunning! I love all the green. Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful location! And I loved seeing that little rainbow in the picture of you 2 <3

    Sugarcandycandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has to be what heaven looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what beautiful views, so being added on my places to visit list! You and your partner make a beautiful couple :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete