Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Vintage Suitcase

I was recently gifted this little vintage suitcase by my auntie and I thought it was so cute that it deserved its own blog post.
I find that vintage suitcases are really useful for storage and also add a little something to a room as well. A stack of vintage suitcases is something which I think is a really nice design feature.
One of the nicest things about this little case is how bright the green lining has stayed over time and that the original company markings are still there too.
But probably the best thing about this case is the handle. Sure, the handle looks a bit unusual for a vintage suitcase but there is such a cute story behind it. The handle isn't the actual original handle. Over time the handle broke and had to be replaced. The original owner then decided that they would use the collar of the their late pet dog as a new handle to serve a lasting reminder to them and so that everywhere they travelled, they took the dog with them - at least, in spirit.

 









7 comments:

  1. They're gorgeous !
    xoxo,

    http://atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. People pay so much for faux vintage suitcases these days, and you were lucky enough to be gifted the authentics! They're beautiful! x

    Martha Jane | http://www.marthajanemusic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those suitcases are beautiful, a real item from the past, they look pretty well looked after as well x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing, I do love a vintage suitcase but think they are best for decoration and storage too.
    xxx
    Lyndsey
    www.labeau.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet story! I love vintage trunks and suitcases. In fact, last time I moved I didn't need to use a single cardboard box(!) - everything I own fitted into my trunk collection xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet story! I love vintage trunks and suitcases. In fact, last time I moved I didn't need to use a single cardboard box(!) - everything I own fitted into my trunk collection xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love things like this! Might have to invest in one myself :) x
    www.almostannie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete