Tuesday, 28 July 2015

Garden Centres, Watermelon, and a Little Pig

Admittedly, this post is going to be a bit of a hodge-podge of everything that I have been up to lately.
Before we headed off to London for the Harry Potter Studios Tour (posts to follow), my auntie, uncle, sister, and I had a very nice couple of days doing a variety of things which I have reduced down to 2 days of garden centres, watermelon, and a little pig. Not a typical few days by anyone's standard then.

 
Whilst my sister and I stayed at my auntie's house, she bought us some watermelon to eat for breakfast. As you may have guessed, I am absolute fiend for watermelon so I ended up eating quite a lot of it.




As my auntie works as an antique dealer, she often gets a lot of cute things coming into her house but these little toys are something else. The little pig is absolutely adorable and they all look so lovely together.


 
I also rediscovered this old Topshop dress I had lying in the back of my wardrobe. I absolutely love the colour of it and I am happy to be wearing it again. Admittedly, I should have made an effort to wear it with tights but leggings are just so much easier and comfier.





We went out for lunch all together at St John's Garden Centre in Barnstaple and the food was absolutely delicious. I got Fentiman's Rose Lemonade as I liked the packaging and the pink colour and the lemonade was actually delicious. I had their Victorian Lemonade before and I wasn't a fan as I found it bitter but this is definitely a better alternative. Then, food-wise, I had the BBQ Chicken Panini which came with crisps, a salsa, and salad with a delicious dressing. After that I was absolutely stuffed but the cakes all looked so nice so I would have liked to have tried one of those.
My sister got Jungle Wedges which were apparently really nice and my uncle got fish and chips (in all honesty, I'm not sure why he has a leaf on his face, haha).




 

We then looked around the garden centre and I was very tempted to buy a cactus. They just look so cool - especially the colourful ones.







 We then went into their 'jungle' bit which was very pretty and I saw a lot more cacti - although these were slightly bigger than the ones for sale. Also my uncle's jumper blended in well with the flowers which I found funny.





We then just mooched around for a bit and I found some really nice cushions that I wanted to purchase but I didn't.


However, I did purchase these gorgeous shoes from the M&S Outlet shop for just £9. They are a little bit big but I think they look so cute so I had to have them.

6 comments:

  1. I am loving the look of those cacti! I had a venus fly trap but 'forgot to take it to uni' because it scared me (haha!)

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bargain shoes! And those cacti are so cute :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that royal dress is lovely :) and that food looked delicious :D
    http://www.myredclover.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those antique toys are so adorable! What lovely little reminders of childhoods years ago.

    x

    p.s. I love the photograph of your uncle with a leaf on his face - what a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that lunch looks amazing. I haven't ever been to a garden centre, if I went there I would end up with way to many cactus.
    xxx
    Lyndsey | www.labeau.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice
    new post :http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/07/a-pop-of-colour.html

    ReplyDelete