Thursday, 16 July 2015

Exploring My Village

I really enjoy reading posts about people exploring their hometown so I thought I would give it a go myself as I feel grateful to be living in such a beautiful part of the country.
We have only been living in this village for a few months so everything is still pretty new to me. We moved down here to Devon from Somerset when I was about ten as they loved the area - they always say they always wanted to live in Devon as my dad proposed to my mum when they were on holiday here. We then lived in a beautiful little village for about 8 years before moving to the village we now live in for better transport links.
I quite like living here as it is quite close to towns and a city so you can easily get the bus there and I'm really appreciating how peaceful it is after living in Cardiff for uni. Also it has to be said that it is a fairly idyllic area with rolling fields and old cottages in the older part of the village.

 
 










6 comments:

  1. What beautiful photographs, Lauren. I live in a city so I can't even imagine living somewhere so tranquil and peaceful. It looks like a very beautiful corner of the world. You're lucky going to university in a city as well - you get the best of both worlds!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so fun to sort of play tourist in your own village. Really lovely photos, everything looks so cute and quaint!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, stunning photos! I am so jealous...it looks like such a beautiful place!! Quite different from here in Alabama! Not that Alabama isn't beautiful, just so different. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. After your comment on my Country > City post, I can see what you mean about Devon. Stunning! Love the church and everything. The closest I've been is Dorset but it was beautiful there too!

    Danielle xo
    www.underlandtowonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How gorgeous! It looks like a dream!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute town!!
    http://shecouldbeajoanofarc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete