Tuesday, 23 June 2015

A La Ronde

Today I went with my auntie and uncle to a National trust property called A La Ronde near Exmouth in Devon. I hadn't heard of it before so had absolutely no idea what it was going to be like - they hadn't visited it before either and had only come across it on a blog.
It was a really interesting place to visit, to be honest. Despite being quite small, there are lots of things to see (as you might have guessed from the amount of pictures). You could even play croquet!
They had a lovely tea shop where I got a cream tea - as did my auntie - and my uncle got a crab sandwich which, he informs me, was delicious. They also had some really nice ciabattas on their menu and vanilla beer which sounds interesting. They also had a nice gift shop and grounds to walk around.
This property, if I remember rightly, has 16 sides and was privately owned until the 90s. It is really nicely furnished and there is a major collection of seashells. So many things all over the property are made of shells and there is even a shell grotto on the top floor where the walls are encrusted with shells (unfortunately, we didn't get to go to that level as they are doing work there but we got a sneak peak up some stairs).
My favourite parts of this property were all the books and the ceiling feature with the hanging ball (the disco ball, as I called it).
So, I hope you enjoy this post and that you aren't daunted by how photo heavy it is.
 



SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Looks like such a beautifull place.
    Xoxo

    www.atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Everything looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, amazing photos! I'd like to visit a place like that!
    Nice blog, dear! ^_^

    http://www.caterina-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pics :)
    kiss
    http://andreiiaad.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your curly hair! <3
    xoxo,
    snowprincessbella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow,this is so beautiful
    The pictues are stunning too
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, this is lovely hun x
    Jess x
    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos!

    Let me know if you'd like us to follow eachother and keep in touch?
    Come visit →PANAMA ASTI

    Have a nice day !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this looks like such a beautiful and interesting place to visit! The shells are a really neat touch in the decor there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this place, I have been there a few times and the attic is incredible!
    XO, Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, I remember seeing this place on a documentary! Wasn't it two elderly sisters that did all the shells over their lifetime? I can't quite recall the story. It looks absolutely fantastic though, you lucky girl x

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig