Sunday, 10 May 2015

Summer Bucket List


This summer I will be returning home for the longest period of time since moving out for university so I am very much looking forward to being able to spend time with my siblings and the rest of my family. Also, I have truly missed being in Devon. Don't get me wrong, I love it in Cardiff but, being West Country born and bred, I do miss the fields and cows and the general cosiness of village life.
So, to really set myself up to embrace the summer, I decided to put together a small list of things I want to do this summer.


Eat lots of scones
Ok, the only scones I have found in Cardiff are in Greggs. They are made with whipped cream. I'm sure Devonians feel my pain in this. So, I am going to feed up on scones when I am back in Scone County. And, I'm sure you'll agree, this is a pretty achievable goal.
And, yes, I put the jam on first as jam is pretty difficult to spread on cream. I know, I probably am not longer welcome in Devon and have shocked, offended and disappointed you all.

Find a job
Coz I iz all abowt da Ps - holla!
But, in all seriousness, going to uni has taught me that stuff is expensive. Although Iceland sells pizza for 89p, fruit - and all that stuff that isn't covered in chocolate that people say you should eat - is pretty pricey. I currently have a cleaning job for 6 hours a week which is good for topping up the ol' student loan but, hopefully, I'll get more hours in Devon.

Learn to cook
I often joke that I am pretty much the opposite of the stereotypical woman as I can't cook, I am very messy, and I very rarely cry. But an incident yesterday made me realise it is probably high time that I learnt how to cook a couple of basic meals. So, yesterday I tried to make microwavable paella. It went horribly wrong. How I managed to fail in cooking a microwave meal is beyond me.
Also, another little culinary anecdote, I once had to cook some rice. I cooked the rice very well. Then I rinsed it in the sink to get rid of any excess starch - just as I had seen my mum do. However, being the absolute genius that I am, I forgot my mum used boiling water from the kettle to wash the rice and decided to wash the rice under the cold tap. *slow clap*

Source

Make Watermelon Ice Lollies
I love watermelon. I just can't get enough of it. Then I started to consider how nice it would be in the summer to have it frozen. So, I googled it and, lo and behold!, you can make watermelon ice lollies. Who knew, eh?

Wear a swimming costume without feeling self conscious
This is a bit of a personal one but I used to be the kinda girl who loved going swimming and to the beach. But, as I got a bit older (and chubbier), my confidence levels dropped - to the point where now I don't even own a swimming costume as I have not had the confidence to go swimming in a long time. However, I feel like my confidence has really grown since I have been at university and, this summer, I really want to try to embrace my body. It is a bit wobbly and my thighs do tend to resemble blancmange, but no-one is perfect and that's what I want to keep in my mind as I put on that swimming costume and head out.

Blog more frequently
My current life problem is that my blogging camera hates my laptop so my ability to upload any pictures is pretty minimal. But, once I am back home, I'll be using the main computer so I can really focus on posting regularly and actually having some decent pictures with said posts. Because, in case you didn't notice, the pictures I have been using lately are taken with the camera on my phone and the quality is atrocious.

Source

Go to London
It has been a long time since I last went to London. But London is definitely somewhere I love to visit. I mean, there is always something going on there. You name it, you'll find it in London. I particularly love the markets in London - my favourite being Borough Market as it has so much delicious food (this has pretty much turned into a 'to be eaten' bucket list). Last time I was in London, my auntie and I got lunch at a street market and picked up some chicken and chorizo paella which was so delicious.

Go to car boot sales
Summer is car boot sale season, in my mind. It always has been and always will be. I'm not sure if anyone else's parents used to take them to car boot sales all the time in the summer (and run stalls at some too) but I certainty have fond memories of it. You can always find great bargains there and there are always burger vans and icecream vans and a huge bouncy castle (not sure they would let me on there now though...) so it makes for a brilliant day out. Maybe it's just because I am a working class lass but summer, for me, is staying in Cornwall for a week in a tiny caravan, going to the beach, spending hours scouring stalls at car boot sales and having picnics in the park.


Have a picnic
I love a good picnic with my friends and, preferably, also with Pimms. Just getting a load of food together and heading out to the park to have a gossip whilst tucking into something delicious in the summer sun - that just seems like an amazing way to spend my time.

Go on a trip with my closest friends
One of the things that I have found the most difficult about university is not seeing my close gal-pals as often as I would have liked to. I really have missed the gossip sessions and just being able to have a giggle about silly things with people who you're really close to and who really understand you. When I get back to Devon I am really looking forward to spending more time with my friends and there is even talks of taking a weekend trip to Paris. I mean, it's a logistical nightmare but it's still a nice idea.

I hope you enjoyed this post and I would love to hear what you have planned for the summer.

SHARE:

18 comments

  1. This is a lovely list I hope you get to do these, all of them! The watermelon looks delicious! A great idea for summer too. Good luck with the job hung too and enjoy your family time :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so delicious! Come and meet our adventures in Paris at Living Paris

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun list! I especially like "have a picnic" I think I'm going to add that to my bucket list.. or start my summer list with that. haah

    I'd like to invite you to enter my birthday giveaway!! (US addresses only though.) See you on my bloggie soon!

    Blessings,
    Christine
    www.beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those watermelon ice lollies look insane!!! And I totally feel your pain with the whipped cream scones, that is not right! I am now craving scones, ha!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't beat a proper scone! I want to hit up more carboots (and do one) as well as visit London a bit
    more often. :)

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always work myself up for Summer and end up feeling disappointed when it finally arrives, hopefully this year won't be as bad x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow i have never seen those watermelon ice lollies before, I want to make them too. Mm Scones are always a good idea.
    xxx
    Lyndsey
    www.labeau.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kind of want to do everything on your bucket list haha! Those watermelon ice lollies look incredible!

    littleladyzahra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute blog! Love your photos so much, they're so amazing! Followed you- care to follow me back?

    And I'm GIVING AWAY 3 Vintage Cherry bracelets! for everyone! Enter my giveaway!

    www.fantailflo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. these all sound great, i'm hoping to get back to london in the fall :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  11. wooa these watermelon ice lollis look like such a cool idea

    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can definitely relate, I love Cardiff too but it's good to go back home for a bit! I love that scones are on your list (and I love that you have a list, such a good idea), they're so delicious :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiya babe, i sooo love posts like this, i can sooo relate, picnin, carboots, LEARN TO COOK lool lovely post
    thanks for sharing this with us.

    NEW DIY post on my blog.
    www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    Have a lovely week!
    Stay in touch.
    Kisses!

    Dominica S.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These watermelon ice lollies are amazing idea, I really need to make them this summer!!!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Learning to cook is super useful, whether men or women, I think everyone should at least have a couple of really delicious dishes that they know how to make anytime, anywhere.
    I'm not really even sure what a 'car boot sale' is, although your description makes it sound a little like what us Americans would call a flea market...although usually the trunks of cars are not involved at flea markets, I have seen it done...
    Sounds like a fun summer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a lovely Summer.
    Good luck with the cooking, I did laugh about both the microwave fail (how?) and the rice rinsing!

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life Wales

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a lovely list - any bucket list which includes picnics, travel and scones gets a thumbs up from me! I hope you manage to tick everything off.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig