Monday, 25 May 2015

May Collective Haul

It has been quite a long time since I last wrote a haul post despite them being possibly my favourite posts to read on other blogs. The truth is, I haven't been shopping much as I haven't had a great deal of money. But, this month, it was my birthday (last week, in fact) and I got some gifts - but these were mostly consumed before I even started writing this post - and I also got a couple of gift cards which I took great advantage of.


I got this top from New Look and it was reduced to £5 in the sale. I saw the print from across the store and was delighted by everything else about this top too. I am keen on wearing boxey tops and I like that this one is slightly cropped too as it goes well with high waisted jeans and doesn't drown you which longer, oversized tops tend to do. They only had it in a size larger than my size but I am not too fussed as I think it adds to the oversized feel - and who wants to be wearing tight clothing in the summer anyway?


 I also picked up these slim leg tan trousers in the New Look sale for £7. I really like this tan colour and I have been hoping to buy some trousers or a skirt for a while now. I like the cropped leg as it means I can wear moccasins or similar with them in the summer. I tried these on with the top above and I thought the two items looked really nice together.


 I got these Clarks brogues as a gift from my grandparents. I am a long term brogue lover - especially tan colour brogues - and I find that Clarks do some really nice ones. My old pair are very battered now so it was high time that they were replaced.


These two items were gifts from my brother who, evidently, knows me very well. Sometimes I feel sorry for the people living in the rooms either side of me with having to put up with me attempting to rap along to Eminem songs and other rappers (guess who knows all the words to Gangster's Paradise...). Also this Marshmallow Fluff is exciting - I put it between two digestives like smore (with tips like that, this is basically a health blog).


I bought this calendar from 1925 when I went with my auntie to Newark Antique Fair. This is exactly my kinda thing as it is so pretty and it's really interesting - especially as it still has the dates on it.


 I bought this Maybelline Coverstick when I went away with my auntie and realised I had left my makeup at home. On lazy days I tend to just go for concealer and mascara so I picked this up to cover any blemishes.


My auntie brought me this watermelon bowl back from her holiday and I love it. I am already the proud owner of watermelon print glasses so this is a nice addition to my watermelon themed tableware.


I think I must have got this little book as a gift. It is a book of prayers and is so beautiful. I'm not sure what the date of it is but I am guessing it is possibly from the 1800s. It is leather bound and even has a little page marker.  


 The final thing that I bought was a copy of Toni Morrison's 'Home' from Waterstone's. I read 'The Bluest Eye' for my university course and it was such an interesting read. So I decided to give some of her other novels a go and this is the one I am starting with.

8 comments:

  1. Love the watermelon bowl! And I think I'll be buying some digestives today- got some Fluff in the cupboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those tan trousers xx

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That watermelon bowl is so cool!

    littleladyzahra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the brougues and watermelon bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved the watermelon bowl its so cute...

    www.diyadivzzbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul, you got some really lovely things! x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Toni Morrison! The brogues are lovely, I bet they're super comfy too being from Clarks x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely things! I love brogues as well. They're so nice.

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete