Tuesday, 14 April 2015

Sun, Sea and Stripy Tees

Lately I have been doing quite a lot of different things and, due to being back home in sunny Devon for the Easter holidays, I have been able to really make the most of the glorious weather. So, I thought I'd post a little update as it has been a while since I last posted and, in all honesty, I have 4 assignments which I am putting off so I've decided to write this post instead. Model student, that I am. 


I have been feasting like a king
I don't know if I am the only one who does this but I find myself really making the most of delicious food when I am back home. Perhaps it's because being at my parents' house offers me a variation on Pot Noodles and microwave pizza - a dining experience that exudes sophistication and good taste. 




Westward Ho!
Last week, my family and I took a trip to Westward Ho! in North Devon which is a quaint seaside town. The weather was splendid but I managed to get sunburnt - as per usual. It was a lovely day though and we had a little picnic on the green and my sister got chips and fried onions which is, surprisingly, quite a nice combination. 



Newark Antique Fair 
Last week, I went with my auntie on a coach trip up to Nottingham and the surrounding area. We stayed in the Urban Hotel in Grantham which was quite a nice place. The sole purpose of this trip was to go to Newark Antique Fair which was amazing and absolutely massive. And a very clever person decided to wear heeled ankle boots there - not my finest hour. The weather was, once again, glorious and we were able to spend the day bargain hunting which I loved.



Travelling
If I were a queen then my chariot of choice would definitely be a coach, if the last few weeks have been anything to go by. I have been going here, there and everywhere by coach to visit friends and family. And that means one thing especially - I have been stopping off at a fair amount of Starbucks' but I'm not complaining.
Also they have revamped my name for me...





Summer Clothes
I'm getting pretty excited for summer now, in all honesty. I have been loving printed trousers and wearing lots of t-shirts. Just not having to wear about a million layers is such a novelty for me. I just love wearing a t-shirt with jeans and heeled boots then chucking on a leather jacket when it gets a bit cooler. 



5 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds like you have been having a lovely time! I too am putting off doing coursework as we speak!

    Natasha | www.ofthesaints.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cooking nice food when I'm at my parents, give me so much space and equipment! The cake looks so delicious!

    Much love xxx
    CHRISTINANISTA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Westward Ho! has an exclamation mark in its name - what even?! I'm such an English nerd, this actually made me smile.

    And don't worry about it - I'm 25 and I still love visiting my parents for my mum's home cooking!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stripes suit you so well, you look cute in that top. :)
    And aww, that antique fair makes me want to go to a fleamarket
    and look for some bargains (even though I have just been to one yesterday, haha, you
    can never go often enough)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beach is without a doubt my favourite place, looks like you had a lovely time!

    littleladyzahra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete