Saturday, 25 October 2014

Making Changes

 
Recently my life has been a bit messy. Nothing bad has happened but I have been all over the place and acting in a way which I never normally would. I have been made to feel like a bad person and I have fallen into unhealthy habits - mostly surrounding my university work.
Therefore I have put together a list (because we all love lists) of things that I really want to try to do from now on. Think of it like a set of New Year's resolutions but in October and I am actually planning to carry them out - not just half-heartedly suggest that I am going to do these out of guilt at not actually wanting to bother to do anything.

Eat Proper Meals
This isn't really a 'biggie' but I think it makes all the difference. Since starting uni I have lost some weight - which has concerned my family but, to be honest, it wouldn't have hurt to lose some anyway - but this was only because I just wasn't eating. I had no appetite and could not be bothered to eat. Since then I have started eating a bit more but the only set meal I have is the evening one that the uni provides - in the day I just snack. So, I am going to try to have set meals - including breakfast which I never have - and hopefully this will do me the world of good.

Eat More Fruit & Veg
Why didn't anyone tell me that fruit and veg is so expensive and goes off really quickly?! I struggle to eat one portion of fruit and veg a day. My new aim is to eat one apple/orange/whatever every day and get veg at the evening meal too.

Spend Less Time Online
I have been spending way too much time on my phone lately. I need to procrastinate less and set certain times when I allow myself to use my phone.

Blog More
Although this seems to contradict above point, I have been seriously neglecting my blog lately. So, the time I do spend online, I want to be used productively rather than just scrolling through Facebook or Twitter.

Go For a Walk Every Day
I have got into the bad habit lately of staying in way too much for my own good. I want to try to go for a walk every day - be it to the park or wherever and have some time away from my phone and just think and look at things.

Read The Necessary Books & Do My Uni Work
I am paying £9000 a year for the privilege of coming to university so I really do need to knuckle down and make it worth it. I need to spend more time doing my work and actually do the reading that I am set. This is probably the most important one.

I hope that this rather unconventional post was enjoyable to read and I haven't bored you too much.
I have a much more fun lifestyle post coming up and maybe a haul too, so be warned!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I can completely understand all that you've said in this post. Uni can often mess up things without you even noticing, and especially as it's now reaching the colder, darker months and uni work really gets going properly it's so easy to find yourself just sat in, online and not eating particularly well. The changes you want to make all sound achievable so I hope they work for you!
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound like some very good ideas, and easy to combine too i.e. you could go for a walk in the morning to grab some fruit to eat for your breakfast. I'm not sure how much (if any) freezer space you've got in halls, but frozen fruit and veg tends to be much cheaper and doesn't go off. Most of the supermarkets do huge bags of frozen berries for £2-3. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound like very good ideas, good luck can't wait to read more blog posts I love your blog xx

    http://ourstorycanresume.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pic, my life is a bit messy too. I'm trying to get back into running! Ran 3 times this week so hopefully that should make things a bit better - when I'm exercising I find that healthy eating and the like seems to follow.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha there is a complete difference between being online and blogging. I have the same problem and the same hope. Less mindless surfing, more blogging!

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the same problem during my first year at uni (which was, ahem, ten years ago). I had trouble balancing it all. Your goals are perfect, but also try not putting too much pressure on yourself! I'm sure you'll do great. :)

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig