Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Uni Room Inspiration

Some of you may know that in a couple of weeks I am setting off to my lovely Welsh uni and, equally excitingly, moving into my new room in the halls of residence.
Therefore I have put together a medley of uni room inspiration pictures as I am rather excited to decorate my room and, once it is all set up, I will definitely be posting a room tour.


I really love the cosiness of this room. I will definitely be putting up some fairly lights like these. And I like how they have hung little polaroid shaped notes/pictures from the lights. This seems like an achievable look for my new room.


I have a bit of a thing for maps. Especially old maps. I don't know why - they just look so good when they are hung up on a wall or pinned on a notice board. I have been thinking of getting a scratch map where it's like a scratch card but you scratch off the countries you have visited.


I love how interesting everything looks in this picture. All the soft tones look lovely together.


I do really like this - it's all a bit fairy princess-like. But I'm not sure how compatible yards of curtaining hanging from the ceiling would be with the health and safety regulations.


I think this is maybe a bit more realistic when it comes to student accommodation. I like the fairy lights and all the pictures which make it look a little less dull.


Finally, my dream room. The books, the soft tones which are the same colour as aged paper, the cushions. Love it.

I hope you enjoyed this post and I would love to hear which is your favourite look out of the ones above.

Disclaimer: I have linked all the pictures to their source that I have the links for. I do not own any of these pictures and found them on Tumblr. If you recognise a picture, please let me know then I will give credit to the owner of the picture.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Hope to see you at the Cardiff Bloggers meet up :) I went to Cardiff Uni and now work there in one of the libraries so if you have any questions just ask. There will be a blogger meet up for coffee in Cathays a couple of weeks into term, details will be on my toiwtter @Gemma_DS and @cdfblogs so keep an eye out :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. After two years of living in halls of residence/ student houses, it is definitely so important to make your room as cosy as possible! These ideas look great. Lots of cushions, fairy lights and pictures on walls :D x

    www.iisforiz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fairy lights, super cute :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, I love the fairy lights, the maps and the books xx

    http://ourstorycanresume.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fairy lights and pinned up maps and photos are definitely easy and cheap ways to make your room more personal :) I'd add in plenty of colourful cushions and blankets- they'll make your bed look really inviting and make the floor more comfortable to sit on if you end up hosting a group of new friends in your room xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the first one, that's what I'm trying to do with my room at uni too! Good luck at uni, I hope you have a wonderful time! x

    www.heyanniemay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig