Friday, 12 September 2014

Autumn/Winter Bucket List


Despite the spiders, autumn is officially my favourite season. I love being able to wear jumpers and jeans all the time and just feeling so snug. I love autumn colours - both in fashion and nature - as I have really had my fill of the neons and pastels of summer. Give me burgundy, burnt orange, bottle green, navy any day of the week. 
Although this autumn will be a bit different in that I am moving off to uni which is quite sad as I think a good autumn is one spent in the countryside and us Devonshire folk know how to do autumn. Harvest Festival, fetes, cider, barn dances, country walks - this describes an autumn spent in a small rural village. I am not sure how different it will be at uni but it sure is going to be strange moving to the city after having lived in West Country (both Devon and Somerset) villages all my life. 
Ramble over, I have put together a list of things that I would love to do this autumn/winter. Some are very achievable but some are a bit more wishful thinking.


- explore my new home (and find the best shops)
- make the most of having shorter hair by wearing lots of scarves
- attend lots of fun Church events
- buy a pair of cheap, fake Ugg boots to wear when I want to be cosy
- get excited for Christmas
- buy some vintage clothing
- make the most of every day
- find a good pair of boots


- make salted caramel hot chocolate
- try a seasonal drink from a coffee shop
- go to lots of flea markets
- open an Etsy shop selling antiques 
- buy seasonal fruit and veg from a market
- go to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve (forward planning)
- make veggie curries and stews and casseroles 
- take a stroll on a foggy morning 
- eat toffee apples

- come back to the West Country to visit my family a lot
- wear jeans, jumpers and brogues as much as possible

- invest in a novelty Christmas jumper


- collect some pine cones to go in my room (apparently they ward off spiders)
- buy an item of clothing in burnt orange and something mustard coloured
- wear as much tartan as possible
- send letters to people all over the world (anyone want to be my pen pal?)
- eat everything cinnamon flavoured that I can find


I hope you enjoyed this post and I would love to hear your plans for the upcoming few months,

7 comments:

  1. Aw, I love the first quote, what a lovely thought. I'm getting ready to head back to school myself, but in the spring. I'm 26 and took a few years off, so have similar feelings about moving away from my little hometown to a bigger city. A fresh start is always nice, and I wish you luck. Check out Bearpaw boots for a good, cheap, cozy knock off Ugg boot. I've had a pair for almost a year, and they're fantastic. I think about $30 USD on Amazon. Wish you the best!

    Emily | faitboum.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post I plan to purchase something mustard coloured & wear my brogues more with jeans & jumpers also wear more boots. That's all I can think of for now but maybe I should do this post xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post I hope you get to do these things you've listed esp visiting your family I'm in Cornwall I know how I'd feel leaving!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so ready for fall too! I bet you are going to love going off to University! I can't wait to hear about how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this post, you inspired me to do my own! We have some similar things to cross off :) I hope all goes well for you at uni and in your new location! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love celebrating autumn with a bit of tartan, cosy jumpers, and a hot chocolate or six. Autumnal village life sounds wonderful- I definitely want to attend a cider-fuelled barn dance one day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely list of things! Salted caramel hot chocolate sounds pretty darn wonderful - I think a cup of that surrounded by fireworks would be ideal :-) xx

    ReplyDelete