Thursday, 14 August 2014

Results Day

This is the excuse I had prepared in case of bad grades...

The last few weeks have been literally non-stop. The first weekend I was preoccupied with prepping for my friend's 18th and maybe spending a few more hours than necessary getting ready with a few friends. Then the next week I helped at my Church's Holiday Club - which is a children's club for a week in the hols where they have fun and games and lots of people get covered in gunge (thankfully not me!). Then I went on holiday to Germany for 4 days and we visited Cochem, Koblenz and Ruedesheim - which was amazing and I will be posting more about soon. Then I stayed at my auntie and uncle's and came back for A Level results day before I head off somewhere else tomorrow.
In essence, my life is chaos and I am trying to justify my lack of blogging.

Drosselgasse in Rudesheim - AKA the best street ever!

Anyway, before I bore you, I had better get into the main reason for writing this blog post and share with you my exam results related news.
So, up until today I felt relatively calm about results. I did feel rather confident about them - well, all apart from English Lit as I hated the unseen - and I knew that I had put a lot of effort into them so I didn't think there was much cause for concern. I had Cardiff as my firm choice at AAB and Southampton as my insurance at ABB and I felt quite sure I would be able to reach these grades.
As we turned up to get the results I felt a bit more nervous but decided to bite the bullet and go in alone to collect my results - I had arranged to meet friends but we were late and I didn't want them to see my disappointment if I had done badly. I then grabbed my results and quietly opened them, half wanting to run back to the car and open them there. Then I saw the disappointing reality - I had only achieved 3 Bs.
I had heard that the grade boundaries were horrendous this year but, for some reason, I thought that I would be fine.

An accurate picture of me looking at my results

My first thought was 'oh my gosh, I'm not going to get into any uni and have to go into clearing then end up studying something dreadful!'. I heard from my friends, that I thereafter came across, that their unis had replied to them. So, despite intending to go straight to my grandparent's for my auntie's birthday celebrations, we sped on home and logged onto UCAS in a frenzy.

This felt like a good life option

Then I came across something rather joyous which I didn't expect one bit - Cardiff had accepted me!
So, long story short, I am starting uni in Cardiff, South Wales, in September studying English Lit and German with a year of study abroad in Germany.

8 comments:

  1. 3 B's is really great you shouldn't be disappointed! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day! But well done getting in to Cardiff, you should be happy with three b's that's amazing!!! ;-)

    Love Roseanne xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is am amazing, I know you didn't get the results you wanted but you should still be immensely proud of yourself! I am dreading my results day in a few years...

    Becca xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting to Cardiff! I also got 3 B's this year which like you was a little below what I had hoped for. But you've got to your uni and that's what matters so you should be really proud :) xx
    http://penneychic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on getting your first choice! Three B's is still brilliant, and those grades will be superseded by your degree in no time anyway :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! So happy for you! Uni is the best, you're gonna love it! I can't imagine how nervous you must have been going to collect your results - my uni updated UCAS before I even got my results, so I didn't suffer through the suspense. Sounds like you've had a fun if tiring month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on getting into your first choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! That's excellent news! I completely agree with Katie (Hook Line and Sink Her) as well, once you've got your degree (which I'm sure you'll ace) no one will ever ask what you got for your A Levels anyway! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete