Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Postcards From The Postcard Swap


You may recall that a while ago I wrote a post (you can read it here) asking if any of you wanted to swap a postcard with me. Surprisingly, quite a few people responded and I got sent a fair few and also sent a few as well. And then this post was born.
So, without further ado, I am going to show you the lovely postcards that I was sent and also share with you some great bloggers who you really should consider following and getting to know as they are pretty cool people.



I am being a bit sneaky in that the first two postcards of this post are ones that I actually bought myself. The one of the castle I got when I was at Hever Castle (which you can read about here) and the other I got when I went to the County Stores to pick up postcards to send and had to buy it. It's an old map of Somerset with some of Devon in it and South Wales and I can literally pinpoint exactly where I live on it as it shows a monument which is just a couple of miles from where I live. 




I was sent this adorable postcard - which is from Belle & Boo - from the lovely Hannah of Tea Three Sugars. You should totes go and check out Hannah's blog as she writes such great posts and is an all round lovely person. And she sends postcards which are not only really pretty but also have the loveliest stamps on them. 


I received this lovely little card from Josie of Josie's Journal. I love the little red bus on the front and it was nice to receive a card outside of birthdays or Christmas.


The lovely Gemma of Faded Windmills sent me this rather funny card as well as a letter. I was chuffed to get such a lovely card and she had gone to such an effort with decorating the letter etc and I was excited to send a letter back to her. I do so love sending letters!


I got this postcard from Charlene who writes the blog Tartan Mouth. I have been wanting to go to Scotland for such a long time so it was exciting to get this postcard and see all the little landmarks lit up.


I got this pretty postcard of a castle in North Wales from Laura of The Lardy Grub whose blog you should definitely check out. I love receiving postcards with pictures of landmarks but the only issue is that it seriously extends my 'to be visited' list!


This postcard from the lovely Kariss of Shy, Strange and a Little Bit Manic was the first one to turn up at my house. I love the picture so much and it has made me really want to go to Yorkshire. In fact, I might be going at Christmas - watch this space!

I hope you enjoyed this post and be sure to go and follow the blogs I have mentioned! And if you're on a following spree, go and check out the ones in my sidebar too. 
Which reminds me, I have a poll in my sidebar which I would love for you to quickly vote on just to let me know what kind of post you would like to see more of.

Also I just want to quickly thank everyone who very kindly sent me a postcard - you are all amazing and lovely!

7 comments:

  1. I hope you continue this postcard exchange. I would totally get involved next time. I've thought about starting some sort of exchange with my (very few) followers. It's so fun to connect with other people. Have a great day!

    kelsiereynolds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spy mine! Aww thanks! Yu defiantly should come to Yorkshire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This postcard swap is so cute - nice idea too. My Mum collects postcards, actually. She has hundreds.

    Thanks for the comment on my new post, sweet. You'll have to let me know if you read Remains of the Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey lovely!! Dude, you got such a great selection : ) I bet receiving each one in the post was a treat in itself. When I received your GORGEOUS post card I allowed myself a wee Victory Post Dance and lost myself in memories of family holidays to the beautiful south of England.

    I'm seriously with you on handwritten letters and post cards, it's a special touch of thoughtfulness and something special to keep forever!

    Thank you again for my wonderful post!!

    Gemma
    Faded Windmills

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw thanks for the mention! I loved being apart of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely I seriously love collecting postcards and I letter write too. Let me know if you wanna do a postcard swap! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is/was an amazing idea. The postcards are lovely and a nice way to get in contact outside the web. I hope you repeat the whole postcard swap someday :)

    ReplyDelete