Monday, 14 July 2014

The British Tag


I came across this tag on Emily May's blog and thought it may be fun to give it a go.
Also I tag you all to have a go at this tag too - be sure to let me know if you do!
1. How many cups of tea do you have a day? How many sugars?
It depends what I am doing in the day. If I am going out then probably just one or two but when I am at home for most of the day it can amount to around 4. Today I have had about 3 so that's probably about the average.
2. Favourite part of your roast
I am a weirdo but I am not so keen on roast. I don't love meat so that's probably why. But I do like Yorkshire Puddings as well as Bubble and Squeak. And my nan always makes this amazing plum and apple sauce which is amazing. 
Almost forgot: stuffing and parsnips. Yum yum!

3. Favourite dunking biscuit
It has to be a chocolate Digestive! Normal Digestives are quite good but the chocolate takes it to a whole new level. I find Hob Nobs too oaty and Rich Teas are feeble.
4. Favourite quintessentially British pastime?
Hhm, probably going to carboot sales. Or making lavender bags. 
5. Favourite word?
I don't really have a favourite word...I do like the word 'ladel' and the not so British word 'taramasalata' as ever other letter is an 'a' which is awful fun!

6. Cockney rhyme slang?
Ah, I've got this covered! Tried teaching my friend this as my parents are from London so I do know a bit. My dad always calls a suit a 'whistle' (whistle and flute, suit) and he calls tea 'rosie lee' but there are others which we don't use so often like Hank Marvin (starving), dog and bone (phone), horse and carriage (marriage), apple and pears (stairs) - the list goes on! 
7. Favourite sweet/ chocolate
Naturally, I do love Cadbury's but I have recently become more and more fond of Galaxy chocolate (especially their caramel bar!).
8. What would your pub be called?
Hhmmm, I have no idea! The Emerald Dove Inn?! Doesn't sound amazingly fabulous tbh.

9. No.1 British person
Colin Firth!! 
10. Favourite shop / restaurant? 
Topshop always has such nice clothing in it and they are just so cool. Restaurant-wise, I love going to Carluccio's for their tiramisu.
11. What British song pops into your head? 
Reach up for the stars, climb every mountain high and reach up for the stars! And when that rainbow's shining over yoooou, that's when your dreams have all come true!
Primary school disco hit!
12. Marmite?
I know I am a bad person but I neither love it or hate it. I am closer to disliking it but it's not too hideous.

4 comments:

  1. I am so on board with your answer to 9! That man!

    Sam xo
    sjmcdf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent choice of accompanying pictures- I particularly like the cartoon at the top :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The accompanying pictures are so funny, especially that last one haha it really sums us up! I like tea but I barely ever drink it, unless my boyfriend and I visit his nana! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Fun post! My favorite word is zygomatic :)

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete