Thursday, 24 July 2014

Summer Fete Haul



A couple of weekends ago me and my sister went to the local church fete (always the best fete, in my opinion) and we spent a bit of money. Admitedly, for what we bought we didn't actually spend too much - under a tenner on my part. We stayed for the entire fete, which is something I have never done before, and we had to make two trips carrying everything home as we did buy rather a lot. However, towards the end of the day people were getting desperate and my sister got a load of glassware for free and we were given lots of great deals where people threw in extras for free which kind of explains why we had to make so many trips home.

Long term readers may have seen that last year I also did a haul from the same fete (which you can read here) - this time we managed to bring a lot more home with us (but I haven't put that all into the post - just the best things that I bought) although they didn't have so many books for sale this year.



My and my sister literally fought over this gorgeous woollen throw. And guess who got to their money quickest... 
I did say that I would share it with her but I am so taking it to uni.
And it was only £1 so a total bargain.



I got this pretty bone china bird mug from the same stall for 50p. I love the little robin and it looks like it has never been used.


Also for about 50p I picked up this 30s copy of Alice in Wonderland. Sadly, lots of the pictures have been coloured in by one creative child but the words are still legible so I am happy with it.


I picked this copy of Dietrich Bonhoeffer's 'The Cost of Discipleship' for 50p. I am really interested in reading about the plights of the Church in Nazi Germany and Bonhoeffer was a character who really stood out when we studied it so I am interested to read his work.


Finally I got this cute little wreath for very little money (can't remember how much) which I am looking forward to hanging up in my room.

I hope you enjoyed this post and I will be posting more lifestyle posts soon.
Also sorry about the poor quality of the pics - my blogging camera needs new batteries and only takes fancy ones.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful purchases. It is a shame about the Alice in Wonderland book, although saying that I love finding books in charity shops that have little notes in them, if that makes sense :) XX

    Http://jessdonnellyart.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely throw! And great find with that alice in wonderland book - it's my fave ��
    Roseanne xox
    Leblogderosy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! I love Alice in Wonderland, and that one must be amazing! xx

    Love,Sara Wallflower

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post; you picked up some really great things. I particularly like the throw. I go to fairs and table tops so this kind of post is fun to read, keep them coming! I also checked out last years post and liked that too! :-) Xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. What bargains! I love a good second hand sale :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute finds... I love old books... makes me wonder about the previous owners... I like to imagine stories behind them and about the people who read THAT book before me..in this case, the kid that colored those illustrations... that's a keeper
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made some really good bargains,
    I love the tartan throw and that lovely bird mug.
    It is also amazing that you got an "Alice in Wonderland" copy
    from the 30s. :)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. That wreath is adorable, it looks like it fell from the head of a fairy! I love Alice in Wonderland as well, would love to find an antique copy!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul, cool bargains I love the throw & the wreath xx

    ReplyDelete