Monday, 28 July 2014

Lavender Bags, Summer Job and Book Swap


Last weekend me and my sister ran a stall at our village's playgroup family fun day and I sold lavender bags which I had made. We didn't make a huge amount of money as it wasn't very busy (as some sneaky people planned a dog show and carboot sale on the same day in our village). However I am not deterred and it has made me want to run more stalls - maybe at a carboot sale or a craft fair. Also I have recently been considering opening an Etsy shop as I have been making little cushions as well and I have really got into it. Watch this space.


The mess we made pricing everything up.

If you saw my summer bucket list post (link here), you may have noticed that I hoped to find a summer job this summer (and have a stall somewhere) and, lo and behold, I have done just that - it really is rare that I complete anything that I write on my bucket lost, to be honest.
Anyway, my summer job is cleaning holiday lodges and, so far, it has been relatively nice. I love being able to go and do something and actually make some money to save for uni. Everyone I have met are really lovely and it is very convenient as it is just in the neighbouring village. So, good times, happy days.


I also bought some fun new PJs from Primarni. 'Fries before guys' will deffo be my new mantra from now on.


As well as lots of lavender bags, I have been making cushions. The first one I made was the red spotty one which I gave to my sister and then I made the smaller one in front of it which I gave to my other sister. Like all of the things I make, they have exposed stitching and are a bit rough and ready but I find that endearing. I think it is quite a romantic notion being able to see where the person who made it might have gone a bit wobbly on the stitching as you don't get that personal touch in factory made things.


I also took place in a book swap organised by Hayley of What Hayley Did and Beth of Beth Tinkerbell and I received a lovely book from Megan from Hepburn's Pixie Crop.
I was so pleased with the book I received as I haven't read anything by Virginia Woolf before but I have always been interested in her work so I am looking forward to reading this - I am currently reading North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell, just btw.

I hope you enjoyed this post and I, once again, apologise for the bad quality pics - my blogging camera is out of action as it needs new batteries.
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Great post I love the cushions especially the second one xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lavender bags are so cute! I'm terrible with plants, and my lavender has dried up. This might be a nice use for it. :)

    Emily || faitboum.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crafty things are adorable- I think handmade, hand-sewn things definitely have an extra element of charm. Well done getting a job for the summer- it sounds like it will really help you for uni! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those lavender bags are adorable.

    Congratulations on your new job!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're happy with the book! Enjoy it :) x

    Megan / pixiecrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so adorable. I always wish I had a talent for craft, but sadly, I don't! I'd definitely open the Etsy shop!

    x

    www.poemstinkdream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those lavender bags are so cute! Congrats on the job, it's so good to read that you are enjoying it too :D

    www.violetdaffodils.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness I love those Pjs! That shall be my mantra too :)

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig