Monday, 23 June 2014

Makeup Storage

A while back I wrote a post about how I store my jewellery (you can read it here) and I have been intending to also share how I store my makeup but, until now, haven't managed to get round to it. However, since finishing college I have had a lot of time on my hands so I have finally got round to doing this post which I hope you enjoy.



I bought this tin from a vintage shop in Rochester and, since then, all of my nail varnish have gone there to serve out the remainder of their days. 
Also, I did try to tidy up these nail varnishes for the post but it just wasn't happening. 



I keep my basics in this makeup bag which I have had for ages and have no idea where it came from. I keep this on my shelf and I like to just have my foundation, mascara and powder in there so when I woke up at 7:15, 10 mins before the bus left, I could jump out of bed and grab what I needed. 



I was given this little pot, which was originally filled with truffles, for my birthday and thought that it was really pretty so decided to use it to store my lipbalm. 



I got this vintage cigarette tin recently at a car boot sale and I have used it to store things like hand cream. I have recently been able to fill it up with more things.



Finally I have my big box which I got from a charity shop. I put all the items in here which aren't in my basic makeup kit and also some backups of foundation etc. 

I hope you enjoyed this post and liked seeing where I store all my makeup. I would love to know how you store your makeup - especially if you have any unique tips.
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Great post! It's handy keeping one makeup bag aside with your absolute essentials in for days when your rushing!
    http://sophielfarrell.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Das sind wirklich tolle Ideen, um Make-Up aufzubewahren.
    Vor allem die erste Box ist wunderschön. :)
    Und auch die kleine rosane Dose, in der du deine Lipbalms aufbewahrst,
    ist richtig süß. ;)

    Liebe Grüße

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these storage ideas! Fab blog, I have followed you with Bloglovin and if you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo.

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, I love the difference between them all. I want something prettier for my makeup, I just throw it in a basket and an ugly makeup bag I bought from Primark.
    Amy x
    Everything and Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these ideas, i really like the tin idea! x
    Jess x
    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these tins and boxes are so cute!x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post I love the tin xx

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig