Monday, 30 June 2014

Life Lately

Over the last 2 weeks or so since finishing my final exam, I have had bouts of both doing lots of different things and then having a few consequetive days completely free. Although I didn't manage to take many pictures when I did go out places (still scared of breaking my shiny new camera!), I have taken a few pictures which I would love to share with you.


Last weekend me and my sister went to stay with my auntie by the sea where we ate lots of delicious food and did a lot of shopping.
On the Saturday we went into our local city and went to a big antique fair (sizable haul to follow) then into a nearby harbour town to visit a beautiful 3 storey antique centre. The views outside were stunning and the views inside were also gorgeous - but I was too shy to get my camera out in the shop.
On the Sunday the rest of my family met up with us and we had a picnic in the park. I left my camera in the car as I was worried that it would get broken (running theme here) but it was a lovely day and I enjoyed myself eating mango in the summer sun.


I wore my Primark tee, New Look jeans and TK Maxx bag. And a fabulous gurn. 



Whilst at my auntie and uncle's house we had an amazing meal which I just had to share. They had meat but as I am not the biggest fan of meat, I had falafel (a much better alternative, in my opinion). I also had smoked cheddar cheese, olives, grapes, cous cous, hummus and rocket - it was so lush!



We also got two bread items - one cheese and tomato and the other was olive and pepper. They were kind of like crumpets inside but were absolutely gorgeous. We had some left over which we took cold to the picnic the next day (feel so hungry right now!).


Last food picture, I promise! 
Ok, I got a slice of this lovely Black Forest swiss roll to eat and it was so beautiful. Yum yum yum.



I was also hugely lucky to win a signed copy of The Fault In Our Stars in a giveaway hosted by the lovely Hayley of Water Painted Dreams. I was so excited and am so thankful to Hayley for hosting the giveaway. 


I recently went into town to meet up with two of my friends from college and have a catch up. It was a really nice day, despite the rain, and we got lovely olives to eat. It was really nice to catch up with them after not seeing any of my friends for about 2 weeks after finishing college (socialite, that I am).
And, yep, I took some selfies. Was much more difficult on my new camera as it is a bit bigger and I thought I was going to drop it on my face.



Some selfies in my sunnies (of course, not serious ones - just in case anyone thought I was a major pouty person) before the sun went in. Will hopefully find more ocassions to wear these though.


And last but not least, a changing room outfit picture. My camera was embarrassingly noisy when I turned it on but this is literally the only time in my day that I can take a full length picture.
Anyway, the deets: Primark (via eBay) crop top, M&S high waisted cropped black trousers, Clarks slip ons and my TK Maxx bag huddled in the corner.

I hope you enjoyed this post and the amount of selfies weren't too off-putting.
Also I have some really exciting lifestyle posts coming up so stay tuned, folks!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Haha I'm also kind of nervous to get my new camera out as well! Though I just sort of think like, some day this new camera will be an old camera and I may as well break it in! You're SOO lucky to have one the signed TFIOS giveaway as well!! I'm well jel! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those selfies are so so cute! I adore your hair. I cannot wait to see your antique haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love ur blog

    Www. Buttercupsandlollies.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sunglasses selfies and that food looks delicious! what an exciting prize too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loved that antiques place when i went :) thewanderlusthasgotme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig