Wednesday, 11 June 2014

The Summer Tag


I recently came across this tag that the lovely Georgina of Makeup-Pixi3 (you can see her post here) created and felt that I should give it a go. Although summer isn't my favourite season, as I am really not good with heat and would prefer to be wearing jumpers, I do always feel a bit excited at the start of the month because of the prospect of the warm weather in which I can picnic and take books outside.
I tag everyone to take part in this! Be sure to let me know if you do and give Georgina the credit for making the tag.

1.  What's your favourite thing about Summer?
I really like the days when it is sunny and there is a light breeze but not muggy (I really can't stand it being muggy - especially when it is too warm at night to get to sleep). I also love being able to have picnics and organise things with friends and not have to worry about exams and revision.

2.  Do you have a favourite Summer drink?
Pimms is always nice - although I have to have mine extra diluted as I'm not a big drinker. Coke floats are amazing and remind me of Christian camps when I was younger - they always had coke floats and pancakes. But, my favourite, is elderflower cordial - it is absolutely lush.

3.  Is there a location you like to go to each Summer?
We tend to always make a trip to Cornwall and, if I was in charge of trip planning, we would also go to Germany every summer. I am going this summer but I would love to make it tradition.

4.  Favourite makeup look for Summer?
I only wear really basic makeup as it just melts off anyway so I don't want to put too much on in case I get panda eyes. My basic makeup consists of just mascara, foundation and powder.

5.  Dresses or skirts?
I prefer dresses. Skirts are pretty but I find that dresses are often more flattering and you don't have to worry about what to wear it with.

6.  Sandals or ballet pumps?
I don't do sandals. I could never go out with my toes hanging out - ew. They suit other people but they don't look good on me so I always go for ballet pumps.

7.  Do you prefer to wear your hair up or down for Summer?
As I have quite thick hair it is often too warm when I wear it down but then my head looks disproportionally small in comparison to my body when I wear my hair up. Therefore I tend to always wear it down.

8.  Deep smokey eyes or bold lips?
Bold lips as eyeshadow makes my eyes look really small. I am quite fond of a red tone on my lips.

9.  Favourite perfume for Summer?
I love anything which is rose scented. I am currently wearing Rose The One by Dolce and Gabbana which is so nice.

10.  Last but not least, favourite music for Summer?
Anything fun which I can dance to. But I also love King Charles, who is great to dance to, and A Fine Frenzy who makes gorgeous music which is great for the evening.

11 comments:

  1. This is a great tag! I have thick hair like you and I don't know how you cope keeping it down!

    allamericanbeth

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw I love a fine frenzy, just cheerful and dreamy songs! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also prefer dresses to skirts! ;) <3

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elderflower's my favourite too! x Jazzy at hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love Pimms! It is summer to me! I am not a drinker either, the fruit in it really helps, it's a snack and a drink in one!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this tag, dresses and bold lips are perfect for summer.

    Gaby x
    http://theglamdottylife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo a new tag I haven't seeen!!!
    I tend to go to Cornwall during summertime aswell :) x

    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a lovely tag!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win £250+ worth of beauty products on my blog right now, click here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this tag! Will be doing it on my blog next week :) I love picnics and summer dresses too x

    Oh Hey Kayspray!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely tag! I feel the same as you as far as the weather's concerned - I love it when the sun shines but I need a breeze, I'm not really a hot sun kind of girl and I'm not one for sunbathing! I've never been to Germany or Cornwall and I'd love to visit both, I've heard Germany is a beautiful country. Your reaction to sandals made me laugh - ew toes is exactly my thought!!! But last year I got my very first pair of sandals as an adult, Zara t-bar leopard sandals which don't show your toes at all! There are lots of options out there now for fellow toe haters, they even had some in Primark last year :) and have you tried Rose by Paul Smith? If you love rose perfumes, you'll definitely love that! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fun tag! I love summer :) You have beautiful lips! I'm going to try a bold lip one of these days too :) you've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete