Thursday, 29 May 2014

Topshop Summer Wishlist

Topshop never fails to impress me. Although, admittedly, I cannot shop there often due to a lack of funds, and my increasingly unsuccessful quest to find a patron to support my shopping habits, but when the money does roll in you, you can count on me to be running frantically towards my nearest store.
So, I have put together some of my favourite things they have in at the moment. Although I am not a big fan of summer fashion, they do have some nice pieces in.



Although I don't tend to wear many sleeveless items, I think that this is so pretty. I think that grey is always a good option and seems to suit everyone. This dress is, to me, quite summery without being neon pink and covered in garishly over-pixelated flowers and palm trees.

I will be the first to put up my hand and admit that I am a satchel fiend. They look so cute and geeky but also go with everything. I really like this colour ,although it isn't my usual choice of black or tan, it is quite subtle. I also love that it has a sizeable top handle and I have been carrying everything by top handles recently.

I was drawn to this as the colour is quite vivid, it has sleeves and the smock shape would be nice for summer evenings. 

Daisy Overlay Dress
This dress is so pretty. I can imagine reclining back in the balmy summer sun sat beside a bubbling stream on a tartan rug eating strawberries. Ok, so maybe that is slightly over-ambitious given the track record of British summers but, you must admit, this dress is very summery and pretty.

I think I have included these in a post before but, what can I say, I am smitten. They are so pretty and I am rather desperate to snap them up. They remind me of little doll shoes that a Victorian child would put on their doll - as I type this I have Adele from Jane Eyre in mind. 

Check Smock Dress
Another smock dress and, alas, more checks. Once again a good option for summer evenings and I am currently mad for checks as they look so edgy but also quite vintage.

I first saw this on my friend Miriam's blog in which she styled it beautifully (click to see the post here) and I had to include it. Although the straps, I don't think, would be flattering on me, it's a lovely dress - especially if you are going somewhere warm and you want to look stylish as you recline beside the pool.

I am always the girl who wears trousers all year round and I think these would make a nice change to jeans. With an oversized top or a pretty shirt, these would look really nice.

Floral Shirt
I really like the subtlety of this shirt and I think it would go well with so many different things.

4 comments:

  1. Those shoes are coming into my life! They are absolutely gorgeous!

    allamericanbeth

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the trousers and that satchel is just perfect. Xx

    <a href="http://www.kittyhearts.blogspot.co.uk”>kittyheartsblog</a>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually try to avoid the lure of Topshop as well, it's pretty pricey! These items are... probably... worth the money though, you've picked out some great pieces. Love the smock dresses especially!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the check dress and trousers, check isn't even a pattern I own anything with or a pattern I've been drawn to before but I can't help but love these two items! xxx

    ReplyDelete