Saturday, 12 April 2014

Liebster Award

I have been nominated by the lovely Celine to do this post and I decided, after an age of neglecting taggers, to give this one a go. 


Award rules:
1. You must link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2. You have to state 11 facts about yourself.
3. You have to answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
4. You have to nominate 11 other blogs (with under 300 followers) and set 11 questions for them to answer.
5. You can't nominate the person who nominated you.
6. You have to tell the nominee that they have been nominated by you.

11 Facts about myself:
1. I speak German intermediately 
2. I am hoping to go to uni in Autumn to study English Lit and German
3. I am currently contemplating doing my Masters in Germany (possibly Freiburg) and am hoping to study German Literature - free education even for international students, whoo!
4. It's almost been a year since I started blogging
5. I am very opinionated and rant constantly about religion, politics, feminism, philosophy etc.
6. I should be writing an essay right now
7. I go to a Baptist Church - but not one like Westboro Baptist Church...
8. I have never got drunk or even been to a proper party (cool kid, that I am)
9. My brother calls me 'slugsy' - thanks for that.
10. I am a feminist (ooh, controversial)
11. I would say that I am inclined politically more towards the left (ooh, super controversial)

1. What is your favourite makeup item? 
I am a big fan of foundation as it covers up my 'rosey glow' (aka. bright red face) and just makes life better.

2. Would you rather be eaten by lions or ants? 
Ew! Erm, maybe lions as it would be quicker? 

3. Would you rather go to the Maldives or Paris for a holiday? 
Paris, without a shadow of a doubt. I am not big on beach holidays and love city breaks.

4. Do you play any musical instruments? If you do, what do you play? If you don't, which one do you want to? 
I don't play any but I wish I could play the piano. Then I could play Schubert and my Albert (who is yet to be found) would really like it and proclaim 'Lauren, du bist mein Schatz. Ich liebe dich und wir werden ewig zusammen sein'. He would be so happy he married an English girl who's middle name is Victoria. Heh, can anyone guess the connection?

5. What is the most you'd splurge on a high-end lipstick? 
I don't really wear lipstick as it makes me look a bit odd. But if we were talking handbags, then it would be a different story.

6. A black-tie event with posh armchairs, clicking wine glasses and soft tinkling music or a crazy rave/club party with loud, heart-thumping beats? 
Is this not an obvious one? The posh event! 

7. What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you? 
I am such a Mrs Bennet that I am embarrass myself constantly. I can't name one as there have been so many.

8. Favourite Disney movie character and why? 
I will do male and female. Female: Belle as she reads books and isn't your typical Disney Princess. Male: Aladdin! Who wouldn't want an Aladdin to swoop in and take you on a magic carpet ride?! 

9. Best drugstore brand in your opinion? 
I have no idea! Rimmel is nice and Maybelline. I am not big on makeup brands.

10. What is the one thing you want to change in this world? 
Ignorance. I fully agree that so much wrong-doing comes out of ignorance. Why are people racist? They are often ignorant to the culture. Why are the working class demonised? People gather their evidence from shows like Benefit Street which try to make a mockery of people trying to scrape by and have no real idea what it is like to live on a very low income. 

I hope you enjoyed this post and, as I am a total rebel, I nominated whoever wants to do this tag. 

Your questions are...
1. What is your favourite book?
2. What are your dreams for the future?
3. What has been the best thing about today?
4. What is your favourite food?
5. What are your plans for the Summer?
6. Who is your favourite character in Frozen?
7. What is your favourite song at the moment?
8. What would you spend £1000 on?
9. If you could move to another country, which would you pick?
10. Which accent do you think is the nicest?
11. Who is your favourite poet?

If you have a go at this post, be sure to let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Well done, girl! You deserve this :)

    I wish that i could play the piano as well :)

    Relationships.College.Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great answers here! Belle is one of my favs too, I named my dog after her!
    Would love if you could check out my blog if you get a chance!
    www.stylecastle.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are always fun to read!

    ReplyDelete