Friday, 4 April 2014

April Haul

Recently I have been doing a bit of shopping...ok, maybe more than a bit. I have been lucky enough to pick up lots of lovely items and most of them for very little money - but don't worry, I have accumulated this over a few months. So, sit back and brace yourself for quite a long haul post.




These little boots were in the sale at New Look for about £15. 


I also got these tartan shorts in the sale at Topshop for £13.50 as I got 10% student discount from the sale price of £15. They are a size too big but I love that they are high-waisted and the colours are lush.


I bought this pretty dress in New Look in the sale for £10 as I intended to wear it for the Spring Ball which was consequently cancelled *sob*.
(similar)


My auntie gave me this lovely antique cushion which I am so excited to put in my new room (as we are hoping to move house soon)


I got this copy of As You Like It by Shakespeare in The Works for £1 which I thought was rather a great bargain.


My auntie also gave me this book of collected Christmas Stories - it may be premature but I love Christmas so I am excited to have a read of this. 




My auntie also gave me this lovely little perfume collection which contains 5 gorgeous floral scents.



I bought this little mug at the Cadbury's Shop and I love the design. I am thinking of putting pens or makeup brushes in it and just putting it on my bedside table as it is a bit too small to drink from.



I got this gorgeous copy of The Old Curiosity Shop by Dickens whilst on my last shift at the Oxfam Bookshop I used to volunteer at. Look how it takes pride of place on my 'old books' shelf...




I got this mug for 99p in B&M and I liked the colour and thought that it would do for a mug to take to uni.


I also got another 99p mug from B&M - although they look the same, this is more of a mint colour.



I also got in B&M this tin which was full of ginger snap biscuits (which tasted like Christmas) for £2.99 - mostly because I love the tin.



I also got this lotus flower scent reed diffuser from B&M. It was only £1 and the smell was quite nice but not amazing.

I hope you have enjoyed this rather long haul post and I would love to hear if you have picked up any treasures recently.
You can also come and chat to me on Twitter at @TheEmeraldDove. 

24 comments:

  1. I just love the shorts they are so pretty! xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am in love with the tartan shorts!

    http://velvet-winter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those boots and for such a great price!! I have been restraining myself lately because I know if I go over to Oxford Street I will buy the entire stock of Primark and Dorothy Perkins.

    Hope xx
    www.lovelytravelsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. those tartan shorts look lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. very long haul! I need a nice mug for uni to keep as my own because half the time there are none in the cupboard! I'm off to the Disney store today so hopefully I'll find a disney princess one!

    www.kayspray.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great haul! why don't you compile all the pictures in a collage and make it your main picture!? You could pin it, so that it links back to this post, ie, more views!
    I love the shoes that you bought, I have been looking ALL OVER for a pair like those but nothing is available in my size! :| I have tiny feet! Those books are amazing reads! I hope you review them in your other blog! And the cup is cute :3

    Love from India!
    Relationships.College.Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shorts are so cute! I saw a 2 piece in the same kind of tartan at the Twist & Tango press day yesterday, it's so awesome!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those vintage books are gorgeous! There's nothing better than new (even if they're old) books... I actually have that collection of Christmas stories!! Love the cushion and the shorts as well... Great finds! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soo many rad items. I love the little black boots. Such a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the boots and shorts. Sorry to hear your spring ball was cancelled :( I wish there was a B&M near me- but perhaps I should really be thankful that there isn't, for the sake of my bank balance! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your collection of old books is amazing - I long for my house to be lined with bookshelves filled with lovely old books! How sweet of your auntie to give you all of those lovely things too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love shorts! I had some similar from primark last year but they don't fit me well at the moment, I just bought a skirt from international in the same kind of pattern/colours. I LOVE charity 'vintage' shopping, love the tin and books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the neat finds. That pillow cover is divine really, i love finding eclectic things for home decor :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That perfume set is absolutely gorgeous! I'm also a little in love with your old books collection. Lovely quirky haul.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool stuff! I especially love those.old.books, and.mugs! I collect.mugs.... i'm a.coffee addict.so i.must have all the mugs.and.cups.of.the world!
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  16. absolutely adore diffusers! <3 I'll keep an eye out for one! and adore your boots too :)

    WISH UPON A SMILE

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow you got some lovely stuff - really interesting. Love the New Look boots.
    Rachel x
    Strawberry Sundaes

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely haul- that little dress from New Look is uber cute and it was only £10? BARGAIN! Xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. happy shopping and such nice bargains! those tartan shorts are my favourite! <3

    Check out my latest lifestyle (food) post! :)
    AL xx
    RASSP blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. I also have those ankle boots - but paid full price! The perfect low-mid heel boot with gold accent :) Love them. x

    Danielle · danielletc.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love love the boots and that black dress! Too bad the Spring Ball got cancelled! But I'm sure you'll find another occasion to wear it!

    Yuen @ The Craziest Paradigm - fashion, beauty + lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your vintage pillow is stunning! So much work must have gone into that! I have also bought biscuits before because I liked the tin! You are not alone!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great haul! I love the pillow and the boots - what a bargain. Shame the Spring Ball got cancelled, hopefully you'll get another special occasion to wear it soon enough.
    Sarah - hereyoume.co.uk

    ReplyDelete