Wednesday, 2 April 2014

Alpro Review

Although I am not vegan, I do like to try to eat less meat (which is easy as I don't like it) whenever I can and have recently been also trying to have less dairy thus I was very happy to try out some Alpro products for review and see how different they actually are to the dairy products.
I had tried their almond milk before and thought it was amazing - although my family didn't really agree - so finding that they had sent me a carton of sugar free almond milk* made me very happy.
I was also sent dairy free cream*, soya milk* and dairy free chocolate desserts*.


So, starting with the almond milk. I found that this was a very pleasant alternative to dairy milk and I would really recommend it - but I do prefer the one that isn't sugar free but the sugar free one is nice to mix honey into (which kind of defeats the object of sugar free but who cares?!). It is a nice nutty taste and isn't overpowering. It is also a bit thinner in consistency than dairy milk but that's something I like and doesn't have that aftertaste that I so dislike in dairy milk.


I also was pleasantly surprised by the soya milk. I had never tried soya milk before and always thought it would be quite gross but when the dairy milk ran out and we were forced to use it in our tea, we all agreed that it tasted very similar to normal milk and was very nice. It must have been good anyway as the next time I went to the fridge, it had all gone.


My sister and I also made a banana split using the dairy free cream and later had it on a cherry pie (not in the same day - we aren't that greedy) and it tasted really similar to normal cream in every way and therefore I would recommend it to all vegans or people like me who like to try new things.



Unfortunately though I didn't think that the chocolate desserts were so amazing. A vegan friend of ours loves them and I am certain that if you are vegan and need a chocolate dessert fix, this would be right for you but chocolate is something that I really can't scrimp on. Thus, unfortunately, this was my least favourite item of the things I was sent.

I hope you enjoyed this post and I would love to hear your thoughts on these products if you have tried them.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. We don't get Alpro here in Australia. :( The pudding does look interesting. It's been years since I've had a pudding.

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig