Tuesday, 11 March 2014

The Awkward Teenage Years Tag

I have decided to create tag mostly because I am eager to hear everyone talk about what they were like as teenagers but also because I am rather a nostalgic kinda person and enjoy looking back on things.
Although I am still a late teenager this post is more directed towards those awkward school years.
I hope you enjoy this post and I hope that you all take part as I would like to see your answers.

Questions
How would you describe your teenage self?
What did you enjoy most as a teenager?
Which band/artist did you like listening to?
What was your fave subject in school?
Did you go through any awkward phases?
Which books or films did you enjoy?
Please share an embarrassing pic of you as a teenager with us
What did you watch on TV?
What advice would you give your teenage self?

Very young at the beach in my fave Harrods top

How would you describe your teenage self?

I was quite shy but also really wanted to be seen as cool and popular. I suppose I really wasn't happy with myself (Downer Debby) and always wanted to be like the 'cool kids'.

What did you enjoy most as a teenager?

I was such a Facebook addict around Year 9 but before that I loved reading - especially the Louise Rennison series.


Which band/artist did you like listening to?

When I was in Year 7 I a big 80s rock and pop fan and liked things like 'I Think We're Alone Now' etc. Then in Year 8 I was ABBA mad. Thereafter I was a big pop music fan and loved Enrique Iglesias and things like 'Candy'. Then in Year 11, cool kid that I was, I loved Horrible Histories songs (my faves being the King Charles II and The Highwayman one - yes, I was a 'Bayntonette').

What was your fave subject in school?

I started out loving Art but by GCSE I disliked it - probably because I got a C in it. I also loved English but hated German which is funny as I am hoping to study that at degree level.

Did you go through any awkward phases?

I went through a 'scene' phase which is kinda like colourful emo. I would wake up at 6am to straighten my hair and wore bright pink skinnies.


Post-haircut selfie
Which books or films did you enjoy?

I loved Jacqueline Wilson and the Georgia Nicolson series by Louise Rennison. Film-wise I enjoyed Mamma Mia and golden oldies like Titanic and Grease.

Please share an embarrassing pic of you as a teenager with us


 Pretending to be Harry Potter in an invisibility cloak

What did you watch on TV?

I can't really remember what I watched other than Horrible Histories in Year 11 (yes, I admit I was a bit old for it..). Probably just spent all my time on Facebook before that.


My 16th birthday cake

What advice would you give your teenage self?

I would tell myself not to worry so much about trying to fit in but to just focus on studies and make the most of the time with my friends.


Prom with my bestie

I hope you enjoyed this post and be sure to let know if you have a go at this tag!

11 comments:

  1. This is really strange for me, because I remember some of these things! Mainly being taught the Charles II song by you! And those could be my glasses in the Harry Potter picture ;)
    XO, Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this tag, I'm definitely going to do it! Also, I love Horrible Histories! My favourite song is The Four Georges, makes me laugh every time...I'm actually gonna go watch it now haha!
    Annie x

    heyanniemay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were so funny in that pic! I love the fact that you accepted to share it with us!
    www.bonjourchiara.com
    Facebook Page Bonjourchiara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you can never be too old for Horrible Histories ;D (case in point: currently 17-year-old me listening to HH songs while doing homework) My favourite has to be Larry, though!
    This tag is really interesting, I love your answers! I'm tempted to do it myself, I'll try to get it up in the next week or so :)
    ~Becca // rjtmisti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore this! Props to you for sharing this! So so cute! Teenage years are soooo funny to look back on.

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look very cute :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, lovely post! I love all things nostalgic, and this was certainly that. Reading through the questions and your answers made me think of my own answers, and it's lovely looking back sometimes. I was the same as you, I was such a shy child and teenager! I went through a huge emo phase too haha, and Jacqueline Wilson books were my favourite. You look so different with straight hair! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have tagged you to do the "All Bloggers Great and Small" tag on your blog! :)  Looking forward to your answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Post :)
    It is quite funny that i would describe teenage self nearly in the same way ;) But today i am happy with myself. I think that everybody was a little Facebook addict :P
    Regards
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you have super beautiful hair!

    ReplyDelete