Friday, 7 March 2014

My Favourite TV Show

For the third day of the 30 Day Blogging Challenge we have to write about our fave TV show. I don't tend to watch any shows every week as I have little time for TV and when I do it is quite majority vote in our house. But, when I can get to the TV, there are a few shows that I enjoy.
Naturally being a boring political person I really enjoy Question Time, Prime Minister's Questions and The Big Questions - gosh, I am sad. I also love comedy shows like 8 Out Of 10 Cats - I think we are agreed that Jon Richardson is amazing. And Miranda is absolutely the best. I am enjoying Hair recently and anything with Kirstie Allsopp in is good. I watch Come Dine With Me, Four In A Bed, Don't Tell The Bride and Coach Trip repeats whenever I can - you can always count on at least one of these being on TV on a Sunday afternoon. Also My Wife And Kids on 4Music.
But my absolute favourite has to be Downton Abbey.


I don't think anyone can argue that the costumes and setting are divine and the characters really interest me. I think it is a good mix of drama and history. But my only qualm is that they kill all my favourite characters - Sybil was my ultimate fave. I think it really makes the early 1900s come to life and the characters are really relatable to today and it kind of shows you that although things were different, people are still the same.


I hope you enjoyed this post - I know it was only short and rather boring.
Feel free to tweet me at @TheEmeraldDove and I would love to know what shows you like.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I haven't ever watched some of the TV shows that you mentioned in this post. I myself love Pretty Little Liars, The Vampire Diaries and Grey's Anatomy...

    Relationships.College.Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say my favourite TV show is Sex & The City. Downton Abbey is a beautiful programme and the costumes are so brilliant!

    allamericanbeth

    xo

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig