Sunday, 9 February 2014

Valentine's Wishlist

Before I go on I am going to clarify that I am perpetually single and am strong in the opinion that, although I wouldn't mind receiving chocolates, people shouldn't just be romantic to their significant other on Valentine's but all year round. Yet for the greater good of the blogosphere I have decided to create this wishlist to embrace this time of love rather than sitting alone in a duvet cocoon crying into a pot of Ben and Jerry's whilst the world is out with their special someone. *scans paragraph and tries to eliminate hints of bitterness*.


So, this is a list of things I think are great that are around at this time and would advise everyone to purchase. I do have a plan for Valentine's Day in that I am going to buy myself chocolate, wrap it up (maybe even post it to myself?!) and feel happy that I too have chocolates and I am not missing out on a chocolate based occasion.
Anyway maybe us singletons could just buy ourselves lovely things instead - in fact, I might get myself a bottle of the Prince Charming Shower Gel which apparently smells like Terry's Chocolate Orange and I am seriously considering getting that Darcy's proposal cushion - how I am going to manage at uni on a fixed budget, I have no idea!


Guylian Chocolates
Prince Charming Shower Gel
Valentine's Card
Engraved Mr Darcy's Proposal Spoon
Mr Darcy's Proposal Cushion
Lush  'The Kiss' Lip Balm
Ted Baker Washbag
C.S Lewis Quote Print
Kenzo Perfume

I also want to encourage you towards reading a lovely post my best'un wrote on her blog Musing of a Thoughtful Person  about the history of Valentine's and how it has been exploited by companies...(looks up at post above guiltily) and how everyone should just be loving all the time not just for one day.


I hope you enjoyed this post and I would love to hear which is your favourite from the things I picked.
You can also tweet me at @TheEmeraldDove.
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Haha love the first photo! I adore terry's chocolate orange so I bet the Prince Charming gel is amazing. I may just treat myself instead to some goodies!!x

    Kathryn | effievanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guylian chocs are my fave and the prince charming set is adorable! x
    http://the-finestthings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first picture is hilarious!

    ❤Tallia
    Trending In Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm going to buy myself chocolate too :P
    loved this post
    x
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA *scans paragraph for bitterness*. my friends and i are going to a fancy dinner together and dressing up- i don't see anythign wrong with your besties being your valentines! and i love your picks, especially the engraved spoon. HOW cute is that?

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Lush prince charming shower gel sounds amazing, I love Terry's Chocolate orange haha!

    Millie x
    smudgesofthoughts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post. ;-)
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Valentine's Day is so much more fun as a single gal!

    Stop by :)
    http://itaverony.wordpress.com/
    http://itavero-ny.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm actually going to order that card now for next year! It's freakin' adorable and just how I feel about my beau. <3

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the C.S Lewis quote print, so cute <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would be okay with anything from Lush :) They always lure me in with their sweet scent whenever I walk pass haha

    http://nadiadelacorazon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig