Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Second Hand Book Swap



I have a rather exciting post for you all today! I have decided to run a second hand book swap. So, basically everyone who wants to take part will be coupled with a person and will send your books to eachother. You will then get a second hand copy of a book (from a charity shop, an old one of your own, from a library sale or where ever you may find one) and enclose in it an inscription in the front of the book or a little card with a friendly message. You could perhaps send your favourite book or a book you have recently read and enjoyed.

How to take part

Comment below in this format:

Name:
Email Address:
Twitter handle:
Currently reading:
Blog address:

Then I will do a mass email to everyone who wishes to take part on the 20th February (which will be the deadline to comment expressing your wish to take part) and you will have to reply with your home address. I will then couple with another person who will be your swap partner.

Rules

-Under 16s must have parents permission to share email address
-Comment deadline is 20th February
-Book to be sent by 10th March
-You should do a blog post about the book
-Don't spend over £5 on the book
-UK only due to postage costs

I hope this made sense and I look forward to hearing from anyone who wants to take part.

You can tweet about the swap with the hashtag #EDBloggerBkSwap
You can also tweet me at @TheEmeraldDove
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Awesome idea, too bad I'm not from the UK!

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really lovely idea! ^_^

    Name: Cat Hannah
    Email Address: lifethroughacatseyes@yahoo.com
    Twitter handle: @CatHannnahXD
    Currently reading: Cinder by Marissa Meyer
    Blog address: http://cat-throughacatseyes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea!
    Make sure to check out my blog!

    MAJOTRON.BLOGSPOT.CO.UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic idea! Too bad I am in the process of moving..
    xo
    Anastasia
    http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your blog! Following you now, hope you visit and follow my blog as well!♥
    AIMEROSE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly i want to join the swap but my books are packed to my hometown :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great idea!!! Unfortunately, I'm in California :(
    XOXO
    Brooke Jordan

    http://lifeisaconstantjoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great idea! always looking around for new books to read!

    styleandchocolates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh lovely idea, I'd love to take part! I took part in a book swap last year (hosted by Rosie from A Rosie Outlook) and it was great fun :-)

    Name: Louisa Langley
    Email Address: duck-in-a-dress@talktalk.net
    Twitter handle: @duckinadress
    Currently reading: No Fixed Abode by Charlie Carroll
    Blog address: www.duck-in-a-dress.blogspot.com

    Thanks for organising it! :-) x

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig