Monday, 27 January 2014

What I Hope to Read in 2014

As you may have guessed I am the kinda person who would have an extensive TBR list which would actually take a few lifetimes to complete but this month I am trying to read more - I did initially attempt a book a week but I really don't have that much spare time. I have got through two books this year so far - Emma by Jane Austen and Animal Farm by George Orwell - which I have put on my 'empty shelf' so I hope to fill that up within the year.



Contemporary

Her Grace In Disgrace -Claudia Harbaugh
Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro 
The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini 
Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad
The Catcher in the Rye - J. Salinger
The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood

Classics

Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
Persuasion - Jane Austen
Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen
To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee
Vanity Fair - William Makepeace Thackeray 
Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
Cranford - Elizabeth Gaskell
Ulysses - James Joyce
Middlemarch - George Elliot


I hope you enjoyed this post and I would love to hear any recommendations or the books you have been enjoying recently.
You can also tweet at @TheEmeraldDove. 

5 comments:

  1. Seriously read the kite runner! I wrote my Extended essay on it and I still love to read it, and all of Khaled Hosseini's other books.
    XO, Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have SO many books I want to read this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just about to look up some books i saw recommended at the back of a book i've just finished. one i would recommend is The Secret Keeper - Kate Morton. Might not be what you like to read but i enjoyed it thoroughly and i didn't think i would!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post...I really need to get into reading the classics! I loved Never Let Me Go, but I still haven't watched the film version yet! xx
    Mary

    p.s. check out my giveaway!
    http://www.littlefeatherstyle.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/new-years-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to read Never Let Me Go, Carrie Mulligan was so perf in the film adaptation <3

    cultkid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete