Thursday, 9 January 2014

The Wanderlust Tag

I saw that the lovely Amy from Cocktails in Teacups did The Wanderlust Tag so I decided I would give it a go myself as this year I hope to travel more and make the most especially of the summer before going to uni when I will have a bit of money as I won't be spending it all on Pot Noodles. 




1. Your most treasured passport stamp?

As I have never travelled outside the EU I don't have any passport stamps (*sob*) but I do hope to aquire some in the future.

2. Can you recite your passport # from memory if asked?

Nope. I doubt I would even know where to find it. When I travel I just thrust my passport at the person and grin hoping they will recognise me from my picture.


Ferry from Dover to Calais

3. Preferred method of travel; planes, trains or automobiles?

I would say travelling by car is the lesser of 3 evils for me as I get terribly nervous on planes and trains. I think I prefer coaches as they seem the most safe. I quite like ferries as well on a calm day as they have food and shops (shops which sell OPI nail varnish!).

4. Top 3 travel items? 

1. Camera, of course (I'm a blogger, of course I take my camera everywhere with me!). 2. Hand sanitiser because I don't like germs and you don't know what kind of germs you may pick up whilst abroad - however most countries are quite a lot cleaner than England.


 Hotel in Belgium
5. Hostel or hotel? 

Hotel! What is the fun of travelling if you don't have free bath things, free biscuits with your tea and a big cosy bed to jump into?!

6. Are you a repeat visitor or do you explore new places?

Definitely a repeat visitor! Whenever anyone asks me where I want to go on holiday I am like 'GERMANY!!' and they say 'what? again?'. But I love to try new places as well but, in my mind, nothing can top Germany. 

8. Favourite travel website?

I don't really use travel websites. Whenever I travel it is on a coach trip and we often use Ledger Holidays who are great but when we travel as a family my parents organise it.

Cologne

9. Where would you recommend a friend to visit? Name city & why. 

Go to Cologne!! It is so beautiful there, especially at Christmas time with the markets, and they have an amazing Cathedral! It is so pretty, has loads of amazing shops and is just an amazing place to visit. But take change as the public loos aren't free but they are attended and very clean.


Munich

10. You're leaving tomorrow, money is no option, where are you going?


So long, England! Hello, Germany! I would go to either Cologne or Munich as I know Cologne is great and Munich is where Sophie and Hans Scholl lived and they are such an inspiration as I would like to go where they lived.

I hope you enjoy this post and I tag everyone to take part!
You can come and chat to me on Twitter as well at @TheEmeraldDove.

7 comments:

  1. Ooh I like this tag! I'll definitely do it myself soon. Since I'm living in the EU for the first time, there are suddenly so many wonderful places at (comparatively) an arm's reach that I've never traveled to. I'd love to explore Germany, I'll admit I know nothing about Cologne but will have to check it out as I plan my travels!

    Isabella
    adventuresinhel.blogspot.fi 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tag! It is great! I have never been to Cologne but really want to go to Germany one day so I will have to look into that!

    Hope xx
    http://lovelytravelss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the tag! I wish I had a passport! :P I have never stepped foot out of this country I live in!

    Relationships.College.Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so interesting that you love Germany so much. My sister-in-law was born and raised in Germany until she was fourteen, then moved to America (where I live) and I think it's so cool!

    This seems like a fun tag! I enjoyed reading!

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to Germany but it is somewhere I want to visit :) I hadn't heard too much about people holidaying there, so I'm glad I've read this post! I only have one stamp on my passport (New York!!) but will be adding another in September as my boyfriend & I are going on our first abroad holiday to Barcelona. I hope you'll get to add a stamp to your passport this year too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it was neat to read this because I have never been over seas and I live in the US. I never heard of Hostels til I watched a show and I had to look it up. They don't have hostels in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you came to Belgium (I live there)? May I ask to what city? I actually don't like Germany, because of the language (haha, silly excuse), but I really like England! I only visited London so far, but would really love to explore other cities like Cambridge or Birmingham.
    Loved this post, Lauren!

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete