Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Current Favourites Playlist


I thought it was about time that I posted which songs I have been loving recently - especially as I have discovered a few new artists who I really like. So, I hope you enjoy seeing my picks for this month!




Your Song - Kate Walsh
I am across this song, fell in love with it then realised where I had heard it before - it's in the movie Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging! I should have been able to recognise it seen as I have watched that film so many times. I also found it with an Emma montage so any Austen geeks like myself will be very happy also.



I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz
This is a bit of a golden oldie but it is so beautiful and I have been listening to it quite a lot recently. I especially love the start.



Fallin' For You - Colbie Caillat
I have always been a bit of a Colbie fan since she did a duet with Taylor Swift and sang Bubbly. I love this song and it is something I can relate to - as I am a bit of Harriet Smith (yes, I have been reading a bit too much Emma recently).



Bonfire Heart - James Blunt
I don't usually like the kind of music which is in the charts but my brother goes around this on his phone and I was like 'this song is actually good!'. Who doesn't love a bit of James Blunt, anyway?



In Christ Alone - Owl City
This is possibly my favourite hymn and when I found that Owl City had done a cover of it I was rather happy. It is so beautiful and powerful.
Disclaimer: not putting this song in same league as others as this is a worship song and should be used for that purpose - not saying that this is just a pretty song that I like listening to but a powerful song I use to worship and glorify God.



Ich Will Nur - Philipp Poisel
You may have guessed at my love for the German language and thus I do really like German music. I think Poisel is such a great artist (only criticism maybe being that his quick singing if sometimes difficult to follow) and this song is so beautiful. Also I would love to do a translation of the lyrics in a post if anyone is interested..?

I hope you enjoyed this post and I would love to hear which songs you have been enjoying recently.
You can also tweet me at @TheEmeraldDove.

2 comments:

  1. Love your playlist my favorite song is Fallin' for you <3

    http://www.bloglovin.com/aurelie210

    ReplyDelete