Saturday, 21 December 2013

Winter Holiday Haul

It really has been a fair while since I have done a haul on this blog. It has not, unfortunately for my bank balance, been because I have no bought anything but because I have just had no time to take pictures of things. But recently I went on holiday to Kent and did a fair bit of shopping. I have to say there is something rather satisfactory about opening a suitcase full of new purchases. Although I bought mostly gifts for people, and finished my Christmas shopping by the 10th of December *pounds fist in triumph*, I do have a few items I just couldn't leave and had to come home with me.



I have been in love with this jumper from Topshop for some time now and when I saw it in the shop I couldn't leave it. I love the colour, the fit is quite flattering, it is a great length and the embellishment is so lovely and Christmassy. 


I bought this shirt from Matalan and it is quite sheer at the front but the back is jersey material so it is fine with a vest underneath. I loved the colour of it and I also purchased some black jeans to wear with it.


I got this jumper from H&M and I really like the teal colour as I have been looking for a teal jumper for a while.



I got this darling little spoon from an amazing store called We Made It in Canterbury and I fell in love with this spoon. I always seem to be drawn to spoons but I just loved the pretty design of the handle bit and the engravings on the spoon.


I found this little book in a bookshop in Rochester and had to buy it. It is the poems of the German poet Schiller, who is my absolute favourite, and contains my favourite poem of his - Das Maedchen Aus Der Fremde.



I found this gorgeous tin in a kind of charity shop which had both new and vintage items and was very nice. They had a few varieties but I loved this one and, at this moment, it is full of nail varnish in my bedroom.


I also bought this gorgeous felt satsuma which was filled with cloves so it smelt delicious. It reminds me of Christingles and what I missed out on not being involved in a CofE Church - how I wished I had a satsuma with cloves, sweets and a candle in it!


I got this book in a lovely antique shop in Windsor. It is a collection of a few of Shakespeare's plays. I just couldn't pass it up.



I got this adorable Christmas mug from Matalan as I had been meaning to get a new mug for a while and I thought this one was so cute.

I hope you enjoyed this post!
I will be posting the pictures from the trip soon as well as a Secret Santa post and hopefully much more!
You can tweet me at @TheEmeraldDove
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I love the Topshop jumper and the tin! So cute :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those books are beautiful and I love that little tin! They all look like they have so much history inside them!

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love embellished tops and Topshop has had a fab range this year :O). Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Topshop jumper is absolutely gorgeous! I also love the mug, so sweet!
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the top jumper and the little spoon. Everything's so cute!
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the vintage tin! And spoon.
    And the jumper and blouse are very lovely.

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything you've brought! Can't decide what I like the most!
    Jess x
    www.wildflowerlondon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh I want that coco cola tin xxx

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig