Saturday, 14 December 2013

The Christmas Tag

I often find that I struggle writing tag style posts. I answer the first few questions in great detail then get half way through and lose all will to go on. But I came across this tag on Michelle's blog The Girly Gamer, which was originally created by Georgina of Makeup Pixi3, and I thought it would be fun to join in and I like that there are not too many questions. So, on with the questions!



1.  Do you prefer a real Christmas tree or synthetic?

I would like to be able to say that I prefer a real tree but that wouldn't really be wholly true. I love the smell of a real tree and everything about it apart from how prickly they are and how when you walk through your front room you get your feet impaled by fallen off pine needles. And, triviality fans, Prince Albert (*waits for people who have watched The Young Victoria to pick themselves up off the floor from their swoon*) brought the first Christmas tree to England from Germany. 



2.  You're in a coffee shop, it's December, what do you pick?

Being a penniless student I don't often go to coffee shops but the other day I actually did go and get a Chocolate Orange Hot Chocolate which was amazing. And I am very eager to try Costa's Black Forest Hot Chocolate. 



3.  Whats your favourite colour scheme for decorating the tree?

In my family we don't have one. We just shove everything onto the tree that we can get out of massive treasure trove of Christmas decorations.



4.  Giving or receiving?

I do like giving presents and receiving. It would be a lie to say that I don't enjoy getting presents!  

5.  To mince pie or not to?

I find that I start eating mince pies in September and I am like 'oh my gosh, it is Christmas in a pie!!' then by Boxing Day I am like 'urgh, not another mince pies!'. 

6.  What's your traditional Sunday lunch?

Naturally we have turkey, stuffing, pigs in blankets, potatoes, veg and gravy. For 2 Christmases I was vegetarian as I am not keen on meat so I would have a bean burger instead of the meat. I would be eager to try a nut roast though. 

7.  Christmas day fashion

I don't really dress up on Christmas. If I receive something nice to wear as a gift then I wear that but I usually go jeans and a jumper because my family don't dress up so I don't want to look too overdressed. But I sometimes wear a nice dress with tights and brogues. 



8.  What's your favourite Christmas song?

I love All I Want For Christmas Is You by Maria Carey because it is so cute and just generally likeable.

9.  What's your favourite Christmas film?

I love the film Elf - it is so funny!



10.  Open presents before or after lunch?

I usually wake up the whole house at about 7:30 (yes, I am a loser) and we open our presents at about 8 or 9am so definitely before lunch!

I hope you enjoyed this post and I tag you all to do this!! I am excited to see your answers! 
You can come and say hello to me on Twitter if you want - my username is @TheEmeraldDove 


2 comments:

  1. You're right! Our answers are extremely similar! :) Hope you have a great time this festive season xx

    Oh Hey Kayspray!

    ReplyDelete