Thursday, 28 November 2013

Songs I Have Been Loving


Every so often I find that I get really into finding new songs and listening to old ones which I had not listened to in a while and I think that I have been having one of those times recently and want to share with you which songs I have been loving recently.


I hadn't heard this song before watching this video but it fits these lovely period dramas well and includes a few of my favourite films - Pride & Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Titanic etc. It is so beautiful.


This is an old favourite of mine which I really love. The fun, jiggy tune which reminds me of barn dances alongside lyrics about such a beautiful love are really all I need in a song - hopeless romantic Jay Gatsby type that I am.


I love A Fine Frenzy's music but this song is just so moving and the lyrics are really poignant. She really deserves more recognition as she is so talented.


I love The Band Perry's country sound and this song is lovely. Kind of makes me want to take a trip to American and travel around in an old-timey way.


I first came across this song when it was in an advert and had to look it up. I love the lyrics and just everything about it - whoo, go Paloma!


This song is so beautiful and I love it even more as it is in German but the English translation is gorgeous as well.


I absolutely love King Charles - in fact, I saw him in concert - and this is my ultimate favourite of his.


Bit of a classic but who doesn't love a bit of Elton? I love the lyrics to this!


I think this may be my all time favourite song ever. It is so beautiful. Definitely didn't discover it through A Cinderella Story though... heh.

I hope you enjoyed this post! I would love to hear what your favourite song is and if you like any of these songs.
If you want to chat you can always tweet me at @TheEmeraldDove any time!

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Love all of these xx

    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your selection!
    Taylor Swift's song has been on my favorite list too:)

    http://adollwithoutstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the band perry lately
    i have just followed your blog via GFC
    follow mine if you like it <3
    xoxo
    style frontier

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man I love Taylor Swift. She is so rad. I have been listening to Hanson's new album Anthem non stop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love King Charles- so jealous you got to see him live! My favourite songs of his are Ivory Road and Lady Percy :) Good luck with your coursework! xx

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig