Sunday, 10 November 2013

#BritishBloggerSelection: Q&A

Ellie from Little Vintage Camera, who you can contact if you want to get involved with the #BritishBloggerSelection, emailed us all some questions this week to answer in order to get to know each other a bit better. So, today I have a Q&A and if you would like to see more of this kind of post be sure to let me know!

Question One: Why do you like blogging?

I like making new friends through my blog and just having a bit of a chat with you all. I also love reading everyone's beautiful comments. I enjoy reading other blogs, which I spend a lot of time doing, and the excitement which comes with finding new blogs to read and making a new friend through that.

Question Two: How did you come up with your blog name?

I think it is about time I explained this one after the many comments and messages I get addressed to 'Emerald'. Basically I used to use 'The Neon Dove' as my screen name on Flickr as I wanted to convey a religious element, as I uploaded religious themed photography, but make it a bit jazzy at the same time. Thereafter I started a blog with the same name but it was a bit rubbish and I gave up. Then I started this blog but couldn't use the same name so chose to use Emerald instead of Neon as my birthstone is an emerald and I love the colour. 



Question Three: Where from the UK do you come from?

Without wanting to put too much information on the internet about where I live, I live in the south in a village in the countryside with a lot of farmers but it is a beautiful area and I do really love it. 

Question Four: Favourite colour?

I really like blue and I also am the biggest burgundy fan. Basically any jewel tones are my favourite. 

Question Five: Do you like Lana Del Ray?

Who doesn't love a bit of Lana?! I fell in love with Video Games after hearing it at Zumba - for the cool down, don't'cha know?! 

Question Six: Hidden Talents That You Have?

I have none. This is a kind of 'tell me something interesting about yourself' question and you end up realising you have no interesting qualities. 



Question Seven: Celebrity Crush?

I am not really one to have celebrity crushes but if you had asked me this about a year ago I would have said Mat Baynton who you probably all know and love from The Wrong Mans but I really liked him in Horrible Histories (cool kid that I am). Also he sings under the name Dog Ears and is very good!

Question Eight: Favourite Blog Of All Time?

I couldn't possibly pick one!! I love everyone's blogs! 

Question Nine: What made you want to join #BritiahBloggerSelection?

I wanted to meet new bloggers and it looked like a fun thing and encourages me to blog frequently.

I hope you liked this post and if you want to chat you can tweet me at @TheEmeraldDove or send me an email.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Im always loving burgundy in the wintery months :) xx

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your answers! xx

    beauty-in-things.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading your Q&A :)

    bellenouveauxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing the #BritishBloggerSelection too, loved your Q&A! x

    www.witty-woman.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jewel tones are the absolute best! I tend to wear nothing but jewel tones, even in summer. I love winter months because then jewel tones make you really stand out. I love that loving Lana was a question. She's my absolute favorite! :)

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's always interesting hearing the origin of the names behind blogs- i would never guess yours! it was fun learning more about you :)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig