Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Shopcade Back To School Outfit

The lovely people at Shopcade are hosting a blogger competition for people to create a back to school look. Shopcade (here: http://www.shopcade.com/) is a shopping app where you can create wishlist, share products with friends and followers and buy items. It can be used through the website on your computer or laptop or on your iPhone and they have new iPad and Android apps coming soon. On this site they literally have everything - think ASOS but for every product you could imagine! And members get deals on their purchases - who doesn't love a deal?!
So, for this outfit I have used a range of brands all found through the Shopcade app. I wanted to hint towards lady like vintage so I used cuts and textures which I thought showed this but to bring it up to date I used mostly blacks with pops of colour.
Hope you enjoy and if you want to see more outfit posts let me know!


I fell in love with this coat as it looks as though it could just be chucked on but also fits in nicely with the other items and the marl effect makes it more unusual thus drawing more attention to your outfit.
https://www.shopcade.com/product/limited-edition-salt-pepper-longline-coat/51de8532646fcb765a369ce0


I loved the shape of this blouse as it contrasts with the femininity of the rest of the outfit and the shape is quite casual but the texture is more formal therefore it would be perfect for the 'smart casual' back to school wear as you wouldn't look too formal nor too casual.
https://www.shopcade.com/product/opening-ceremony-black-split-colt-boxy-blouse/51fb7e30646fcb466dc62b67

This is my favourite item that I found whilst online as I love the oil painting look to this and the shape and colours are just so pretty and elegant. I think it would look great tucked into the shirt - perfect for the first day back when you want to be looking your best!
https://www.shopcade.com/product/ted-baker-flowtii-oil-painting-printed-skirt-black/5224fa1d646fcbfd1d4dc87f

I absolutely adore this necklace - the colour is beautiful and would liven up the top half of the outfit and pick up the blues from the skirt too. Great low key jewellery which will catch everyone's eye without being too over the top.
https://www.shopcade.com/product/lapis-lazuli-necklace/51222d8a646fcb751e0001d9

I was unsure on what shoes to pick but I decided that at school, college, uni or work no-one wants to be wearing painful shoes all day. These shoes are really popular at the moment and I thought they would be the perfect as they remind me of going 'back to school shoe shopping' back when I was at school and could only wear black shoes.
https://www.shopcade.com/product/womens-office-tinker-taylor-tbar-black-leather-flats-black/51f27519646fcbe7070d107f


I thought these socks would look so cute with the ruffle over the top of the shoe and the colour again picking up the colours in the skirt and that of the necklace.
https://www.shopcade.com/product/ruffle-ankle-socks/517054ce646fcb5032000000


The last thing I chose for this outfit is this gorgeous bag which I am literally in love with. The colour reminds me so much of autumn and tan goes with everything so this is the perfect bag to wear the whole season and into the next.

So, that is my back to school outfit. I hope you liked the outfit and if you did be sure to let me know and I would love to hear what you think of Shopcade and whether you have used it.
Speak to you soon!


3 comments:

  1. I love that second look in particular, and that bag is gorgeous! Almost makes me wish I were going back to school ;) great post!

    partyatgatsbys.me x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the color of the necklace ... nice price too

    ReplyDelete