Saturday, 7 September 2013

Holiday Snaps - Day 2: Towns Of The Cotswolds

On the second day of the coach trip in the Cotswolds we set out from Swindon to stop at a load of different towns. I fell in love with the little towns and villages adorned with gift shops (including a Christmas shop open all year round!), antique centres, darling little cafes and an awful lot of beautiful churches. Because of this I took a fair few pictures but can't really remember where I took the pictures so I will just show you all the pictures and tell you that we visited Bampton, Stow-on-the-Wold, Tetbury and a few more which I can't remember. It was a great day and we had just enough time at each spot and it was great fun as the day had so much variation as we weren't just at one spot all day.
Also, just as a side note, Bampton is the village used to film the village scenes in Downton Abbey and the church pictured - 'St Mary The Virgin' - was used in the series for the weddings, funerals and everything else.






















































I hope you enjoyed this post and I apologise for the amount of pictures - I take way too many! I will be uploading the next two installments of the holidays snaps soon and I would love to hear whether you have ever been to the Cotswolds - I would advise a visit as it is so beautiful there! :)

5 comments:

  1. such beautiful pictures! looks like a blast!

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I think there is nothing so idyllic as a day in the countryside and this village looks so pretty :) I think I would probably find myself sat inside the 'cotswold arms' haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, this looks so lovely.
    I love the idea of going on a coach trip and visiting loads of destinations. Struggling to convince Spencer though. x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shot of the pink rose is stunning!I love it! :) xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete