Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Chavenage House

Here at Emerald Dove HQ we are going through a bit of a backlog but definitely not to the extent that I am uploading posts from July in late September...that would be silly...*cough cough*.
So, when I was on my Downton coach trip (see other posts here and here) we visited a lovely stately home called Chavenage House (which I pronounce in a posh accent as show-vah-narg) which is were some of Tess of the D'Urbervilles and Larkrise To Candleford were apparently filmed. The people there were amazing and gave us a huge tour and were so passionate about the house and it's history.
I hope you enjoy this photo spam of a pretty house and it leaves you reasonable envious of their being able to live somewhere so nice - gosh, I am like a young Gatsby!















I hope you liked this post and if you have ever visited here or near here let me know! I will be uploading the further holiday installments soon.
Speak soon!
You can follow me on Twitter @TheEmeraldDove if you want to chat - I would love to hear from you!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Oh this is a Gatsby house isn't it! How gorgeous. I wouldn't mind living there. Great pictures!

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That place looks so amazing! So much beauty and history there! I would love to visit there one day!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw it looks lovely, I've never visited but I'd like to one day!

    partyatgatsbys.me x

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig