Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Summer Fete Haul

I am very fond of a good church fete as I love the cakes, the vintage treasures and, most of all, box after box of cheap books. I want to share with you today the things I found at the fete the other day and I wish I had bought more books as they were 20p for paperbacks and 50p for hardbacks - at that price how can you lose?! There were some gorgeous old Penguin Classics which I wish I had picked up now.
Anyway, on with the haul!






My Dad got me this old book from Princess Elizabeth which was a gift to a children's hospital. It was probably 50p as it is hardback. It has little stories and poems in it and beautiful illustrations.  


I got this for 20p as I am half way through my library copy but have really enjoyed it so far so decided to get a copy of my own. However I really dislike the cover art because it looks so ugly.


I am big Bronte fan so decided to give this a whirl for 20p


I watched the film of this and loved it so I am excited to read the book and at 20p yet again how can I go wrong.


I got this cute watch for £1 but I am not sure if I will be able to make it work


My Dad got me this for 20p as I asked him to get me more books from the fete when he went round and he bought me this - it looks promising and I love the cover.


I have never read this before but everyone recommends it so for 20p I decided to give it a go.



I got this cute kimono style jacket for £1 and I loved the oriental vintage style of it

I would love to hear if you could recommend any good places to find vintage bargains in the UK as I am always up for a trip to look around cute vintage shops or fairs. I would also love to hear if you have read any of the books and what you think of them.
If you would like to see more book hauls please let me know!
Follow me on Bloglovin'?

Also I am selling some clothes on my Ebay page at the moment which I would love for you to check out.
Ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/to-buy-or-not-to-buy/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=50&_trksid=p3686

9 comments:

  1. Oh, lovely novels you got! I love old books. <3 And I think you'll really like The Time Traveler's Wife! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love old books too! They smell so nice which will sound totally weird to people who don't read or read e-books but hey ho! I hope I will enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Great haul x

    http://ourstorycanresume.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post :)
    Love your blog! Would you like to follow each other?
    XO MP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love a good summer fete too. The great things you can get for a fraction of the original prices are amazing!

    Vicki x
    www.whatalittlepickle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true - everyone loves a bargain! :)

      Delete
  5. Fab post. Those vintage books look interesting! :-) Xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete