Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Liebster Award

I am so happy to have been nominated not just once but twice by such lovely bloggers especially as I have not been blogging for long! I was nominated by the amazingly awesome Miss Ellie-cutiepiepenguin  at http://cutiepiepenguin.blogspot.co.uk/ and the amazing Ring-a-Round a Rosey at http://ring-a-roundarosey.blogspot.co.uk/. Thank you both so much for your nominations - you are both so kind and lovely!


(image courtesy of Google)

Here are my questions from Ring-a-Round a Rosey:

1. Who is your style icon?
I really like Kate Middleton's style as it is really classy but I also like Emma Watson's style because she is really daring with what she wears and her style is very individual to her.

2. What color looks best on you?
I think jewel colours suit me best and I really like to wear burgundy and emerald green so I suppose those kind of colours suit me or maybe they don't and I always look like I have been beaten up by Crayola.

3. What is your favorite TV show?
I watch EastEnders every night and the Simpsons which I enjoy but maybe that is more habit than love for the shows. I really love watching Miranda and I also love Downton Abbey. 

4. Your most coveted accessory for next fall?
I don't really have a most coveted item. I suppose a new bag would be nice as mine is falling appart because of the amount of books I have to carry.

5. Favorite fashion magazine?
I like Look because it is mostly nothing but fashion and beauty but I also like Company because, not only is their style really edgy and cool, but I love their feminist articles and it was them that introduced me to the No More Page 3 campaign. 

6. What is your favorite type of workout? (workout DVDs/running)
My closest I get to a workout is probably running for the ice cream van. I did used to do Zumba which I enjoyed and I was involved in a Ceilidh dance the other week which I really enjoyed. So, maybe, dancing would be my favourite - something fun which sugar coats the exercise bit.  

7. What is your school status? (high school/university etc.)
I am not sure whether I am answering this correctly but I am at sixth form college studying my A-Levels. 

8. Do you prefer online shopping or shopping in stores?
Shopping in stores any day! I hate shopping online then getting the items then they are nothing like how you thought they would be. But online is more convenient. 

9. Favorite nail-polish?
I love my sparkly blue IsaDora 'Polar Nights' nail varnish that I got in Cologne in a store called Douglas.

10. Foundation or tinted moisturizer?
Foundation as I have really red cheeks so I need to cover them over.

11. What is your favorite season?
I like autumn as the style is really cool and you can wear more clothes but not have to wear a coat.


And here we go with Ellie's questions!

♡ Who's your favourite artist at the moment?
At the moment I am really enjoying listening to Taylor Swift and King Charles - they are both amazing and write such meaningful songs!

♡ What is your least favourite make up brand? Why?
I don't think I really have one - I like all brands, especially the cheap ones!

♡ What's the best food you can make?
Cheese on toast? I can bake some amazing things though - my favourite probably being chocolate orange cupcakes.

♡ In a perfect dream world what would you like your life to be like?
I would like to be very beautiful, kind and outgoing and leave joy wherever I went. I would like to feel as though I was helping others and making a difference and really was on the path God set out for me. I would like to be fluent in many languages and own a book shop and cafe. I would have a publisher to publish my books and I would have more time to spend with my friends and family.

♡ What's one beauty rule you constantly break?
I break most of them! I don't always cleanse and moisturise my face and I let my nail varnish chip. I know, slippery slope. 

♡ What do you want your wedding dress to look like? (we all know you have an idea in your head)
Haha, I definitely haven't been planning this for some time. I would love one like Kate Middleton's with lace sleeves which goes in at the waist then goes out in a satin material to my ankles in an A-line skirt kind of way. 

♡ Do your friends and family know you run a beauty blog?
Some of my friends and family do.

♡ What is your favourite musical of all time?
Oh, this is tricky! I love both Grease and Les Mis. Both!

♡ Which season do you prefer?
Autumn the fashion brands get out their big guns and you can wear more clothes but it is usually not cold enough to wear a coat.

♡ Are you a diva?
Not really. I am only fussy over eating - what I eat, where I eat, what I can see whilst I eat, whether I have had any bad experiences with that food before. Haha, I am a bit odd! I once ate on the beach, a never for me, and felt so sick afterwards just because I was on the beach.

♡ Do you want to move to a different country in your lifetime? Where to?
I would love to live in Germany - if I can master the language, I certainly am trying! Maybe around Cologne or Munich. 

I nominate:
Miss Alice the Camel - http://alicethecamel1.blogspot.co.uk/

My questions to you:

What is your favourite book?
What is your favourite film?
When you were a child what job did you want to have when you grew up?
What is your favourite item of clothing?
What are your favourite clothing brands?
If you had £500, what would you spend it on?
What is your favourite quote?
What is your favourite song?
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
How did your blog name come about?
Which country, other than your own, is your favourite?

I hope you enjoyed this post and thanks again to those who nominated me! 
Follow me on Bloglovin'?
(Sorry about all the fonts )
SHARE:

24 comments

  1. eek thanks so much for nominating me!
    I really need to get down to this, as I also have been nominated a couple of times! HAHA you like watching Miranda- my friend told me once that I remind her of Miranda.. I don't know if that's a compliment :p

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read yours! Haha, I would take it as a compliment! :)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your answers! Love your blog! hope I get to know you even more :) x

    Sinead | http://sineaddreamingagain.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thanks! I am going to hop over and check out your blog now! :)

      Delete
  3. ahh congrats! LOVE these questions! :)
    xx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading through your answers! I really love the autumn time too <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm such a fussy eater too! I hate it though D:
    http://cutiepiepenguin.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is annoying being a fussy eater! :)

      Delete
  6. I love Grease so much<3 Who's your favorite character??


    xoxo -B ♡ http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My gosh, I don't know! Erm, I think Rizzo is cool and I always wanted to be more like her but I am a complete Sandy. My favourite is probably Frenchie! She is awesome! :)

      Delete
  7. Great answers hun. Grease is the best!

    Beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulation dear xx
    Visit my blog whenever u had a chance, and would you like to follow each other?

    agustinmonica.blogspot.com
    follow via Bloglovin
    GFC

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed answering your questions lovely :) you should definitely read Perks - it's wonderful but also sad in places. Definitely worth a read, some of my favourite ever quotes come from that book. Kate Middleton and Emma Watson - now there's two stylish and beautiful ladies! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think I may get a copy then - thanks for getting back to me! And, yes, they are amazing - and the royal baby is coming soon!! so excited! :D

      Delete
  10. Thank you so much for nominating me! I would have answered the questions sooner but I have just got back off holiday! I will do them as soon as possible! Thanks!!
    Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I look forward to reading your answers! :)

      Delete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig