Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Holiday Snaps - Day 2: Torquay

On the third day of our trip we went to Torquay after wasting half the afternoon the previous day trying to get a ferry from Brixham to Torquay which did not arrive as it was too choppy and meant I witnessed a dreadful incident involving a child, a fishing net and a seagull. We spent some time at the beach but most of the time shopping which I loved - they had an amazing Primark and a H&M - a haul will be up soon!



We were rather lucky with the weather - it was sun, sun, sun for most of the week!


I got rather excited about this bottle. I know that in reality is was probably just dumped there by some rowdy drunkards but I like to imagine that it was thrown overboard with a long lost letter  or an Alex Garland's The Beach style map to a secret island within it. Who knows the history of this one bottle...? 


The fam getting their paddle on!


I always used to collect shells from the beach and I thought this one looks a bit like a diamond in the rough.


We found a little crab with endearing eyes! 


A tree that look like a giant pineapple! You know you are cool when you are stood pointing at a tree grinning whilst you shout 'my gosh!! it looks like a pineapple!!!' then taking pictures from various angles and later looking at the pictures in awe saying 'it really does look like a pineapple...'. Such is my life.


A mini version of the London Big Wheel which some of my family went on but not I as I went on one in Weston once and it was terrifying!



There was a pier which we then went on!




So, that concludes my day at Torquay as, unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures in the town. I hope you are not getting bored of seeing so many pictures of the beach - be sure to let me know how you feel about these posts! And don't worry because my next post will be about Paignton Zoo so there will be no beach in sight! As I mentioned, I will soon be doing a haul then a whole load of pictures from another trip and maybe some reviews of books and beauty products. I would love to know what you would like to see from this blog.

And you can all follow me on Twitter now if you wanted to hear any further half-brained ramblings from yours truly - I will follow back!
https://twitter.com/TheEmeraldDove

28 comments:

  1. Torquay looks amazing! The tree really does look like a pineapple haha :) it sounds like you had a fab time, and I would have been excited over the bottle too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great there! I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi sweetie!
    I have just followed your blog and I fell in love with all your photos - they're so beautiful.
    Lots of love,
    Georgia: For the Love of Thrift / UK Blog
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who could ever be tired of beach pictures when they are this beautiful? I loved the crab with endearing eyes. What a great description!

    EmJ
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love that crab's eyes!! :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely pictures, especially this little crab with endearing eyes.
    Thank you for following my blog, I'm following back on bloglovin and G+.
    Dusana :-)

    www.letnedni.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No problem - your blog is great! :)

      Delete
  5. your blog is so cute, i love the pictures:) thank you for checking out my friends blog, i followed you!
    joni xx

    www.berry-crumble-xxx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwh it looks beautiful! I used to holiday in Torquay and loved it!
    My blog – Cosmetics, clothes and cute things (:
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great there - the shopping was fab! :)

      Delete
  7. very beautiful place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it was gorgeous there!

      Delete
  8. love your photos- Torquay looks like such a beautiful place! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and, yes, it is lovely there! :)

      Delete
  9. ha! little crab is so cute
    check out my blog :) if you like it follow me! And I follow you back
    http://the-newone.blogspot.ru
    good luck
    <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cute! And I will be sure to check out your blog! :)

      Delete
  10. Great photos! Getting me in the seaside mood - I'm going to Cornwall next week wooo :D x

    janesjumbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you have a nice time! :)

      Delete
  11. This is so. pretty. ♥ Especially love those first few beach snaps! x

    Holly | Touch of Crimson

    ReplyDelete