Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Downton Abbey Lookbook

For my birthday my parents booked a trip to visit where the hit ITV drama Downton Abbey is set and, as at that time I had never seen it before, they also got me to box set of series 1 and 2. Ever since I have been so addicted to the programme and I love the style so I decided to make a look book which I hope captures the pre/during/after WW1 style of dress but please keep in mind that only had the things I found in my wardrobe to create these looks so if they are not historically realistic in any way I apologise.
If you haven't seen this programme you can find trailers and snippets on Youtube and this is the teaser before the first series began: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M3moEeErr8
I hope you enjoy and if you would like to see more look books be sure to let me know!



Look 1:







Shirt: BHS
Blazer: Topshop
Skirt: Primark
Necklace: vintage
Brooch: vintage

Look 2






T-shirt: River Island
Cardigan: Red Herring
Skirt: Primark
Necklace: vintage

Look 3







Shirt (top pic): Primark
Shirt (other pics): BHS
Shorts: River Island
Scarf: Primak
Leggings: Primark
Coat: River Island

I want to wish Kate and William the biggest of congratulations on the birth of their first son yesterday.
This song sums it all for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cZRmyR3r0k

I would love to hear what you think of these outfits and whether you would like to see more look books.
Follow me on Bloglovin'?

SHARE:

19 comments

  1. I love Downton Abbey it is so addictive, I went to prep school just around the corner from Highclere castle, it used to be a running joke that we were going on another school trip there. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! That is so lucky - I wish I lived near there!! :)

      Delete
  2. Love the looks! The last one's my favorite :) Following you on gfc and bloglovin hope you can follow back!!

    http://itsjessicachoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and, yes, I will be sure to follow you!

      Delete
  3. These are amazing looks, I've never really gotten into DA but the costumes always look fab and you're reconstructed them really well. Love the vintage feel, great post! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I agree that the costumes always look amazing! :)

      Delete
  4. I adore that vintage broach! That boat is so lovely.

    Outfit number three is so adorable. I love it. I want to steal that look for the first day of autumn here.

    xx
    Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am looking forward to trying out these looks in autumn too! :)

      Delete
  5. I think you did really well with creating the looks!! I hope you had a fab time when you visited, I've never got into Downton Abbey because I'm not one who tends to keep up with series when they're on. But I know so many people who adore it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I am dreadful with watching series and I only got into this as I had on DVD. :)

      Delete
  6. I love your outfits, they are so adorable, you look really sweet in them! Looking forward to your upcoming posts ♡♡♡

    xoxo,
    www.whimsicalityindisguise.com
    (Join my blog International Giveaway ♡! 21 items- lots of Japanese makeup and beauty products like Dollywink, Diamond Beauty, etc! )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I will be sure to check out your blog! :)

      Delete
  7. Wow,so beautiful outfits...I really like your pretty blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - you are very kind! I would love to follow you! :)

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for the follow,dear.^^
    Follow you back on bloglovin and gfc,too.
    Do you also follow me on gfc?
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love look one<3
    i followed you on gfc and bloglovin, come say hello:strokesofsunshine.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice look! I love the 3rd look. the scarf is so adorable and it goes well with your shorts. I like the your choice of colors.
    I love how you style it. pretty!

    Is it okay if we keep in touch by following each other via GFC and bloglovin? Please visit my blog: http://myimperfectfantasy.blogspot.com/

    Thanks a lot!

    xoxo

    Winchell

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig