Monday, 15 July 2013

A Picnic in the Park

My and a couple of friends decided to make the most of the gorgeous sunshine we are getting in the UK at the moment (29 C on Saturday!) and have a little picnic in the park. It was great to meet up and my two friends met each other after hearing a lot from me about each of them and hit it off rather well. So, on with the photos!



I baked these melt in the middle chocolate orange muffins - I will do a recipe post if you want (comment below if you want me to do the post).


My technique to stop the worry of the dreaded Double Dipper. Gotta love 'chips and dips' and when you say that in the UK most people look at you as though you are going to be eating oven chips with hummus.



We found the perfect shady spot to sit in



 The delicious food! And my shoes are from Primark as are Zara's - just as a bit of a side note.


Gorgeous coffee cake I bought in a little cafe


I found some pretty flowers to photograph


Summer Punch by Schweppes which tasted just like Pimm's but is non-alcoholic and much cheaper


With Zara in the sun - we both forgot sunglasses


Bought possibly my favourite drink Lipton Ice Tea but in Peach rather than my favourite Lemon


In Cafe Nero


I bought Sicilian Lemonade - it was very refreshing!

I hope you enjoyed reading this and be sure to tell me how you are enjoying the sun! Also if you have any favourite summer activities or picnic food be sure to let me know.

Follow me on Bloglovin'?
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. looks like a great day! loving the weather at the moment :) those muffins sound incredible x
    www.frillseekers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the weather too! Shall I do a blog post on the muffins? :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've found the best way to spend those summer days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, I probably will do a post on how to make them. :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a really good day! The chocolate and orange muffin looks really nice, you should do that post! :)

    Millie x
    smudgesofthoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will! Thanks for the comment! :)

      Delete
  5. those cakes look so good!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // bloglovin

    ps. check out my new giveaway to win a big goodie bag of drugstore favourites! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! I will be sure to check out your blog! :)

      Delete
  6. That coffee cake looks immense! So hungry right now! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious! I'm feeling a bit peckish now looking at it too! :)

      Delete
  7. The desserts look so enticing! I bet they were. And a picnic in they is one of the best ways to spend time with friends and loves. Love doing stuff like this! Jessica L

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig