Sunday, 14 July 2013

90's Tag

So, I saw this buzzing around the blogosphere and Youtube and I thought I would love to do this! As I grew up in the 90s and love nothing more than discussing stuff from the 90s, I am sure this will be a memorable experience down memory lane. And I tag every 90s kid who reads this and anyone else who wants to have a bash at it too!
And I apologise for any 90s/Noughties crossover but, what can I say, I spent my childhood half in the 90s and half in the Noughties. 




1. Favourite Disney Film?

As a kid I watched loads of Disney and I love them all! I always loved A Little Mermaid and Fox and the Hound but my favourite was Beauty and the Beast. I always thought I was Belle because I have dark hair and like books! 




2. Favourite Music Artist?

There are so many! I remember I had my Jacqueline Wilson 'Best Friends', which probably was a bit past the 90s by a couple of years, and that had loads of great songs on it. I loved 'Genie in a Bottle' and I really loved 'Tragedy' by Steps and knew all the dance moves to it. I was a big S Club 7 fan and loved 'Reach'. *reach up for the stars, climb every mountain high and reach up for the stars, and when that rainbow's shining over yoooou, that's when your dreams will all come true*. But, onto the big guns, my absolute ultimate favourites were the 'Ketchup Song' and the 'Cha Cha Slide' - why don't modern songs have dance routines?!



3. Favourite Candy/Sweeties?

I loved chocolate buttons from Cadbury and would eat packet after packet of those - of course, my blog condemns such blatant disregard for one's personal health *cough cough*. I also loved Curly Wurlys and Smarties with the artificial colours and flavours - they are not the same anymore!! It is the same with another favourite of mine, Rainbow Drops. 




4. Favourite Game (Board Game, School Game etc)

I always would play active outside games like '40 40 In', 'Stuck in the Mud' and 'Bulldog'. We would also play 'Grandma's Footsteps', 'Duck, Duck, Goose' and 'Sardines'. I loved playing the game 'MASH' and found it hilarious when my friends ended up married to the teacher in the future (not in real life, don't worry!). We also loved to have Yu Gi Oh and Pokemon duels, play with Beyblades and Bionicles and played Spiro and Crash Bandikoot on Gameboys and the PlayStation. 

 5. Favourite McDonalds Happy Meal Toy?

Once, I think it was early Noughties, we got a small plastic block which played the latest Black Eyes Peas song on repeat. In a time before the concept of an Ipod had even be invented I thought this was amazing and that I was so cool walking around carrying this. 



6. Favourite Book?

As a kid I read all the Jacqueline Wilson books and loved them all - especially 'Love Lessons' which is quite worrying! I also read Sheltie the Shetland Pony as I was incredibly cool and dreamed of owning a little pony for myself. 



7. Favourite Clothing Store?

Most of my clothes came from sports clothing stores as I wore a lot of football tops and chiffon flares which were easy to find in sports stores. I also wore a lot of trainers with really thick soles. But I remember being in a shop and seeing the Mary Kate and Ashley branded clothing and buying a crop top and gypsy skirt which I thought was beautiful. 




8. Favourite NickJnr Show?

Were the Rugrats by NickJnr. I have no idea how I watched this channel being in the UK and only having had the basic 5 channels - was it shown on CBeebies or CBBC - maybe CITV? I have no idea! I also loved watching Recess but for about 2 years I watched it and not being American and I had no idea what the word 'recess' actually meant.






9. What would you watch when you got home from school?

I cannot remember what I watch at this precise time but I suppose I would watch Tracy Beaker an awful lot and the Simpsons at 6. I remember watching Dick and Dom In Da Bungalow on Saturday mornings which I loved and always wanted to feature as a contestant on. 

So, I hope you enjoyed my answers although they were more Noughties than 90s. As I said, I would love to see you all have a go at this as I would love to read your answers too!



10 comments:

  1. this is such a cool tag - i love MKA too :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc | bloglovin'

    ps. check out my new givaway to win a goodie bag of drugstore favourites! click here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this :D

    PS. make sure to enter this new competition to win an iPad 3! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It made me so very nostalgic to see the little pile of VCRs at the top - and to see Bambi nestled amongst them! Definitely my ultimate favourite childhood film :)

    flawedfairytale fashion blog ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I miss VCRs! And Bambi was great but so sad when the mum dies! :)

      Delete
  4. I love the 90's tag I had so many favourite shows I loved zap but no one really seems to remember that one xx

    http://blueeyedb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This brings back so many memories! I loved recess, Jacqueline Wilson Books, Disney films and OMG MASH (How could I have ever forgotten the best thing you could do with a piece of paper and a pen!)

    Thank you so much for reminding me what an awesome childhood I had!

    Kayspray.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete