Saturday, 22 June 2013

Shopaholic Tag

I have a tag for you all today and I want to tag you all in it so you can also do this on your blog! 

1. Would you consider yourself a shopaholic?
I wouldn't consider myself a proper shopaholic but I have to admit I do like a good shop and I also enjoy browsing shops when I have nothing else to do or have like half an hour until my bus comes and have nothing else to do.

2. How would you classify your style?

I have two categories of style - when I can be bothered and when I can't. That really does sound dreadful but when you wake up at 6:30 am who can really be bothered to put on tights and sorting out an entire outfit when you can just grab a pair of jeans and a jumper? I do like to wear jeans and a casual jumper or T-shirt but when I wake up a bit later or have somewhere to go other than college I like to wear vintage dresses a lot. So, my style is either 'vintage' or 'super casual'. 

3. What store can you not leave without buying at least one thing?

 Primark, definitely! I spend so much time in Primark that my friend even has my name on her phone as 'Primark'.  It is great there, though! I love the prices, the home section and how you can find really great items for next to nothing! I also love that feeling of joy when you find an item identical to one you wanted to buy from a brand like Topshop in there for a fraction of the price.

4. Where do you find the best deals? 

Once again I find a huge amount of bargains in Primark but I also love to hunt for cute pieces in charity shops and I find that supermarkets are an under-appreciated source of great, cheap clothing. 

5. What designer are you willing to splurge for?
 I don't really buy designer clothing because the price really is too much for me! I would buy makeup or perfume from designer brands though - like my beloved Gucci Flora perfume!

6. Do you have a go-to shopping outfit?

When I go shopping I love to wear something comfy which I can quickly change out of when trying things on. I usually go for jeans and a jumper or T-shirt and brogues or a simple dress and brogues. I always make sure I have super comfy shoes on as well because when I go shopping on an actual trip I go from about 10 am to 4 pm. 

7. What is your guilty pleasure? (Not including makeup)

I have an addiction to buying bags! As I find it super difficult to find shoes to fit my abnormal feet I always love bags as it is one size fits all. I especially love satchels - they are so cute and 'student chic'.

8. What is one staple clothing piece you cannot live without?

Definitely jeans. I am constantly wearing jeans. I always buy the dark wash £9.99 New Look jeans as they have to leg length I need for my chipolata legs and they are cheap as chips - especially with my student discount on top bringing them down by 10%. 

9. What is a trend you hope never goes out of style?

I hope that brogues don't go out of style because I love them and I would hate not being able to find any. I also hope ombre sticks around for a bit longer and the satchel trend. 

10. What trend did you love that passed way to quickly?

. I loved the burgundy trend when everything was burgundy coloured - I want that to come back in as it is a gorgeous colour!

11. Who is your fashion icon?

I usually get my inspiration from bloggers and Youtubers but celeb-wise I think Kate Middleton always looks really classy and sophisticated.








(images, of course, courtesy of Google Images)

In a post or so time I am hoping to do a Q&A post so please feel free to leave all your questions below and I will try to answer them and I will also leave a link to your blog in the post saying that you asked it. 

(Sorry about the mad fonts)
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. I completely agree with you about Primark, it's a brilliant shop for finding basics and even some real gems for such a good price!
    I really like this post, it's a good way for your readers to find out more about you, I might try it myself!
    I also have a couple of questions for your Q&A-
    'What are your favourite blogs and why?'
    'What is your daily makeup routine?'

    I'd love it if you could check out my blog too and leave any feedback!
    Thanks :)
    Abbi x

    tellmethenewblack.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, big love for Primark! Great questions - thank you - I will link you in the post. :)

      Delete
  2. Great post, I might do this tag xx

    http://ourstorycanresume.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i completly agree on Kate Middleton with you, she's gorg!
    i think i'd choose to live in England or France.. not sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her style is great! Come to England - we would be glad to have you!! Haha! :)

      Delete
  4. Yes, the Primark-thing is toally true! And I agree with the designer-clothes. They are much too expencive...

    Well... My question: What's your favourite Cocktail? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, wish I could afford designer clothes though! Haha! Thank you, I will be sure to link you in my post with the answers! :)

      Delete
  5. This is a great tag and good pick with kate middleton she is always amazingly dressed!

    Beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kate! She's perfect!
    Jennifer

    http://naturewithnurture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's just looks perfect together

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right sometimes actual super markets have some really nice basic good quality stuff! And I also can't get enough of burgundy/maroon/oxblood, I just ordered some amazing oxblood shoes from Topshop and I can't wait for them to arrive!
    http://www.bandasaur.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I do love Primark for bargains :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. im a reformed shopahlic. mostly because my income doesnt allow me to spend alot lol

    Isabel @ Walk of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your kind words on my last post!
    I also love browsing through charity shops, it's the best place to find unusual items!

    Have a fantastic day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you to everyone for their lovely comments - it really made my day coming home to find a whole bunch of comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved reading this :) Kate has such a timeless, classic style - she always looks so elegant and chic! I have to say I'm still wearing the burgundy - I LOVE burgundy :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Kate Middleton's style a lot too, she always looks so put together <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love tags like these! I'm the same, jeans are my staple too dunno what I'd do without them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I personally am a total shopaholic! Love Kate's style too!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kate is hot. In my opinion the pregnancy suits her super-well, she is blooming !


    Check out my blog -- maybe we could follow each other ? :):)

    http://www.bcbgtheblog.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig