Monday, 3 June 2013

May Favourites

I cannot believe May has been and gone already and we are almost halfway through the year! Soon it will be Christmas. How did that happen?!
Anyway, I have been loving a load of thing throughout May which I want to share with you all!


Cocoa Butter Vaseline
I went away for a week on holiday during May (post with holiday snaps to come soon) and I always end up forgetting something and this time it was my moisturiser. If you have ever experienced a week in which you go to the beach and the swimming pool and do not have any moisturiser you will understand how I felt! But this stuff was great to just rub into your hands when they felt too dry and it is great for your lips too. It does leave a bit of a sheen on your lips but it is worth it as it makes your lips so soft. I am pretty sure I am preaching to the converted here but I would advise that you bought this if you are looking for a new lip balm.


OPI 'My Very First Knockwurst' Nail Varnish (Germany Collection)
I got this nail varnish on a ferry to Calais on route to Germany in the OPI 'Ger-mini' Collection (so called because they are minis of the Germany Collection range) and have been too scared to use it up until last month and I absolutely loved it! I always saw people with nude nails and it looked great but I never took the plunge and tried it out myself but when I did I found out what all the fuss was about - despite a comment from my brother saying it looked like 'skin had grown over my nails' - I tell you it is never too late to jump on the bandwagon!


Primark Bag
You may recognise this bag from a previous post and I have to say it was well worth the £8 I spent on it! I have been using it non-stop all month and it has served me well. Despite an incident where it was really warm and the sun cream I was wearing made the orange dye from the bag come off onto my hands and arms - totally awkward - it was been a great bag.


Primark Sunglasses
Once again Primark has done me a great service. Not only were these glasses hugely inexpensive at just £2.50, they have been great throughout the hot spell last month. They are a nice shape and I just totally love them!


Buns
Usually when I buy a cake I just grab the most chocolatey item on the display but recently I have really loved these and things like Chelsea Buns etc. They are so lush!! Just yum is all I can say!



Mediterranean food
Recently I have really been loving food like olives and sun dried tomatoes which is totally new for me as I am an avid chocoholic and healthy food rarely crosses my lips but last month I fell in love with this kind of food after purchasing some olives from an Italian food stall. It must be the hot weather making me feel summery but for some reason I feel more drawn to eating this than a huge chocolate cake. Hhm, must be ill!

So, that is everything I have loved through May. I would love to hear what you have been loving and I will hopefully be doing another favourites post next month so stay tuned!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig