Thursday, 6 June 2013

Holiday Snaps!

Last month was very busy for me as there were a whole load of birthdays to buy gifts for and we also went on holiday. We went away for a week to a place near Ringwood which is a small town on the Dorset/Hampshire borderline and I wanted to share my holiday snaps with you all today. There are quite a few pictures so I would suggest getting yourself a mug, or 5, of tea and nestling down to have a look at this monstrously big post.  








Salisbury Cathedral (above). This Cathedral was quite big and had loads of renovated 'blinged up' areas which took me by surprise as following the changes made to the Chruch under Henry VIII churches were stripped of the precious items so I would guess at a lot of renovation being made in the Victorian era - History geek, I know! It also holds the Magna Carta of King John and the oldest working clock in Europe. It is well worth a visit!





Bournemouth Beach (above). We were really lucky with the weather when we went to the beach in Bournemouth and the first time was so good we went back and visited again which was fun. I have to say, the shops there are amazing! We spent a whole hour in Primark - it was amazing! 







'Adventure Wonderland' Adventure Park (above). This place is good for younger children but it was a bit small however I very much enjoyed the Alice In Wonderland themed bits - as you may be able to tell.





Paulton's Park (above). This is a fairly big theme park with a Peppa Pig Land - my sister's absolute dream! - and is well worth a visit. I even found my old pal Brum whilst I was there and there was even a small Rosy and Jim ride - being a 90s kid this exciting me way more than the actual children there.




And, finally, some of the delicacies I sampled on my travels. I had seen Arizona Green Tea on many American blogs so when I saw it in a sweet shop called Candyland in Salisbury I had to get it. It was unusual, to say the least, and I think I may be sticking to my Lipson Ice Tea instead! I also got this amazing Belgian Bun in a bakery in Ringwood and a Shakeaway milkshake in the flavour Terry's Chocolate Orange in Bournemouth. 

I hope you enjoyed looking at my holiday pictures and I would love to hear from you if you have been on holiday anywhere and what you have been up to recently. 
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. BRUM!!!! oh jeez I loved that show. Looks like you had fun ! xx

    http://blueeyedb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. It was an amazing show, wasn't it?! Loved it so much! Thanks for your comment! :D

      Delete
  2. Totally gorgeous photos! Also, Peppa Pig land - how cute is that!

    Really cute blog, we have similar layouts which made me smile :) xoxo

    100 Follower Giveaway: Essie, Urban Decay, Soap & Glory, Lush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, they even sold 'Daddy Pig' and 'Mummy Pig' T-shirts! :) I will be sure to check out your blog! x

      Delete
  3. i'm loving all the photos in this post!
    also, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.
    have a nice day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salisbury Cathedral practically my second home for years, I went there every Sunday while I was at school, now I just run past it! It is a pretty amazing building, but when things are on your doorstep you kind of take them for granted. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky! I wish I lived closer to there - it would be amazing just to go there every Sunday! Thank you so much for all your comments on my posts! :)

      Delete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig